Every Canvas user has access to their own calendar, as well as a calendar for each course they are enrolled/teaching in. Calendars allow users to keep track of important events and assignments by showing them in a central location.
Currently, Canvas has introduced a new calendar interface, which has improved aesthetics, readability, and new features. Users can decide whether to stay with the older calendar or switch to the newer one. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will be using the old calendar.
- To go to your calendars, click the Calendar tab at the top of your user dashboard.
- You will be directed to the calendar page, displaying the current month and date.
- If you would like to schedule a new event, just click on the appropriate date. A pop-up window will appear, asking for specifics. Choose between an event and assignment, then fill out the fields for title, due date, calendar, and group. Click Submit to create the event.
- The calendar will then display the event, appearing on everyone who has access to the course's calendar.
- If you would like to view calendars separately, or hide some calendars, you may do so on the right side of the calendar page. Here, all of the calendars you have access to will be listed. To show the calendars, check the box next to one. To hide any, uncheck the box next to one.