Mission & Goals
The FYPP mission is to support the successful transition to college of First Year and Pre-major students and to provide the foundation on which they will continue scholarly and professional development.
FYPP Learning Goals
Our goal is to provide you with a rich learning environment.
- Inclusive practices – Focuses on how best to deepen the richness of human experience- with its differences of race, gender, ability, religion, age, language, sexual orientation, and class.
- Critical & creative inquiry – Joins reason and imagination to make, investigate, critique, and pursue meaning in the arts, humanities, and the social and natural sciences.
- Ethics & social responsibility – Explores our connections with each other across cultures, languages, natural resources, and values.
- Quantitative & qualitative literacies – Are complementary ways to understand problems, issues, and questions.
- Communication – Is the process of written, oral, performative, and multimedia interaction that enables us to share ideas and practices.
To continue to achieve our goals, we appreciate your feedback and ideas. Come by and see us in Founders Hall, UW1-160, and begin to connect with as many people as possible.