Submit a Petition

105-Credit Petition

Undergraduates must declare a major by the time they have completed five (5) academic quarters (summer quarter is not counted) and earned 105 credits or a hold will be placed on their registration until they either declare a major, or meet with an advisor and receive a Pre-Major extension.

Course Repeat Petition

Students who are taking an (FYPP) course for the third time will need to petition the department to be allowed to repeat a course a third time. This includes (BCORE, BCUSP, BJAPN, BLEAD, BSPAN or BWRIT). If a student attempts to register for a course for the third time the registration system responds with a message that says the course has been previously repeated and the student is not eligible.

CADRs Petition

Students who have been admitted without all of the CADR’s completed, have three academic quarters of being admitted to the University to complete the missing CADR. Students who have not completed the requirement by the third quarter will have a hold placed on their account preventing registration for future quarters. This petition will lift their hold.

Transfer Course Petition

This petition allows students to petition a course from a different institution that did not come in as an area of knowledge. Students must explain why the course should be transferable or equivalent to a specific UW course. You must submit a form for each course that is being petitioned and a course syllabus.

Note: Some Transfer Course petitions would go to the department offering the course being petitioned.*

*Petitions needing review by another department will be forwarded to the academic advisor for that program. Response times may vary by department.