Welcome to the University of Washington Bothell!
As a new student, you now have access to many valuable resources. We are excited to connect you with these resources and will provide you with the necessary support to promote your success.
- Advanced Coursework: Learn more from the Office of Admissions on transferring AP, IB, or A-Levels coursework.
- Autumn 2020 Class Planning Tool: Download this worksheet for a step-by-step guide for planning your autumn quarter class schedule.
- Course Placement Process- In order to register for some classes, you will need to complete the Directed Self-Placement. The philosophy behind the Directed Self Placement (DSP) model is to provide students with agency and choice, knowing that with the right guidance and information on the program and course options, most students will make good placement choices. All DSPs will need to be completed at least 48 hours before your Advising & Orientation session:
- Discovery Core: Learn more about Discovery Core classes geared towards new first-year students.
- Major Planning Worksheets: Your guide for knowing what prerequisites to complete for each of the UW Bothell majors.
- My First Year Guide: Follow us on social media (@INSERT-USERNAME) for weekly tips for making the most of your college experience! Also check out the Now This News Learning playlist "A Student's Guide to Your First Year of College".
- MyPlan Tutorials: How to use MyPlan
- Pre-Health Advising: Learn more about preparing for a career in a health profession.
- Pre-Major Advising: Learn more about the Pre-major advisors and schedule an advising appointment.
- Time Management Grid: Download this worksheet to plan your week and when you will study.
- Transfer Course Equivalency Guide: See how courses from Washington Community and Technical Colleges transfer to the UW system.
- FAQs: Have a question not addressed by any of these topics? Try searching our FAQ page.