2022 FAQ for family & friends
UW Bothell welcomes family and friends of graduating students to attend the annual commencement ceremony!
Have questions about the 2022 Commencement Ceremony? Find your question below.
Before the Ceremony
Tickets and Seating
How can I make sure my student is eligible to graduate and is registered for the ceremony?
- We cannot give out student information, please check with your student
Where can my student get announcements, class ring, diploma frame, or other items?
- All of the above may be ordered from our licensed vendors.
- All vendors will be at the Spring Ring and Announcement Fair on April 4 & 5, 2022, in the UW 2 Commons Lobby from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
How can my student order their cap and gown?
- Master and Bachelor student's can order caps and gowns through the commencement registration form from May 2 - 22. All commencement items including guest tickets may be picked up at Grad Fair May 24 - 26 at the North Creek Events Center.
Are there any other associated fees for Commencement besides cap and gown purchase?
- No; however, memorabilia such as diploma frames, a Stole of Gratitude, and announcements are extra.
Tickets and Seating
How many guests can my student invite?
- Students participating in the ceremony may receive up to 4 guest tickets.
- If there are tickets remaining after all tickets have been claimed, additional tickets will be available by lottery draw.
- Only ticketed guests may enter the arena; please do not invite guests who do not have tickets.
- Tickets will be ordered through the graduate registration form and picked up at Grad Fair.
Do guests need to reserve seating?
- Guests do not need to reserve seating. Seats are on a first-come basis.
- View seating chart below:
Do children need tickets?
- Children ages 2 and under do not need a ticket. Children are not permitted on the ceremony floor with graduates.
What about access and seating for the elderly and those needing accommodations, such as wheelchairs or listening assistance?
- Students should request accommodated tickets for their guests requiring extra time to access their seats, have mobility issues or accommodations or need assistive listening devices.
- Accommodated guest entry opens a half hour early. Ushers will help guide guests to accessible seating.
- Assistive listening devices will be available, pick up location is TBD, and guests requiring ASL services will be escorted to a designated section.
Can family and friends unable to attend view the ceremony on the web?
Yes, there will be a live webcast of the Commencement ceremony. To view, visit the UW Bothell Commencement website live stream page.
Where should I park?
If you wish to guarantee parking in a particular lot, it is recommended that you pre-purchase a permit, since some lots may sell out. Available lots include: See parking map
- E-1/E-18 (shuttle available)
- Padelford Parking Garage
- Accessible (ADA) Parking: E17
Where do I go on Commencement Day?
- Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion-UW Seattle Campus
When should guests arrive?
- Ceremony 1
- 11:45 AM Guests with accommodated tickets
- 12:00 PM Guest entry opens
- 1:00 PM Ceremony starts
- Ceremony 2
- 3:45 PM Guests with accommodated tickets
- 4:00 PM Guest entry opens
- 5:00 PM Ceremony starts
Will there be food and beverages available in the Commencement area?
Yes, Alaska Airlines Arena will have limited concessions open on the concourse.
How long is the ceremony?
Each ceremony is expected to be about 1.5 hours long.
How do I find my student after the ceremony?
Please have prearranged plans to meet up with your graduate.
The University of Washington Bothell will follow the health guidance of the State of Washington and King County Health Department for COVID protocols for this year’s commencement ceremonies.
Masks are not required but are strongly recommended.
*If you feel sick, test positive or have been exposed to COVID-19 please do not attend the ceremony.