FAQ for Family & Friends
UW Bothell welcomes family and friends of graduating students to attend the annual Commencement Ceremony!
Have questions about Commencement? Find your question below.
Before the Ceremony
- How can I make sure my student is eligible to graduate and is registered for the ceremony?
- Where can my student get announcements, class ring, diploma frame, or other items?
- How can my student order their cap and gown?
- Are there any other associated fees for Commencement besides cap and gown purchase?
Tickets & Seating
- How many guests can my student invite?
- Do guests need to reserve seating?
- Do children need tickets?
- What about access and seating for the elderly and those needing accommodations, such as wheelchairs or listening assistance?
- Can family and friends unable to attend view the ceremony on the web?
- Where should I park?
- Where do I go on Commencement Day?
- When should guests arrive?
- Can I bring balloons, pets, flowers, etc.?
- Will there be food and beverages available?
- How long is the ceremony?
- How do I find my student after the ceremony?
Before the Ceremony
How can I make sure my student is eligible to graduate and is registered for the ceremony?
We cannot give out student information so please check with your student.
Where can my student get announcements, class ring, diploma frame, or other items?
- All of the above may be ordered from our licensed vendors.
- All vendors will be at the Spring Ring and Announcement Fair on April 8 – 9, 2024, in the UW2 Commons from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
How can my student order their cap and gown?
Master and Bachelor student’s can order caps and gowns through the commencement registration form from April 29 – May 17. All commencement items, including guest tickets, may be picked up at Grad Fair from May 21 – 23 at the North Creek Events Center.
Are there any other associated fees for Commencement besides cap and gown purchase?
No. However, memorabilia such as diploma frames, stoles, and announcements are extra.
Tickets & Seating
How many guests can my student invite?
- Students participating in the ceremony may receive up to 10 guest tickets. As a courtesy to others, please do not have your student request more tickets than they can use.
- If there are tickets remaining after all tickets have been claimed, additional tickets will be available on a first come-first served basis.
- Only ticketed guests may enter the stadium; please do not invite guests who do not have tickets.
- Tickets will be ordered through the commencement registration form and picked up at Grad Fair.
Do guests need to reserve seating?
Guests do not need to reserve seating. Seats are on a first-come basis.
Do children need tickets?
Children ages 2 and under do not need a ticket. Children are not permitted on the ceremony floor with graduates.
What about access and seating for the elderly and those needing accommodations, such as wheelchairs or listening assistance?
- Students should request accommodated tickets for their guests requiring extra time to access their seats, have mobility issues or accommodations or need assistive listening devices.
- Accommodated guest entry opens a half hour early. Ushers will help guide guests to accessible seating.
- Assistive listening devices will be available, pick up location is TBD, and guests requiring ASL services will be escorted to a designated section.
Can family and friends unable to attend view the ceremony on the web?
Yes, there will be a live webcast of the Commencement ceremony. To view, visit the UW Bothell Commencement website live stream webpage.
Where should I park?
Parking is available in the Mariners Garage.
Where do I go on Commencement Day?
Guests will enter the stadium through the Home Plate Gate entrance and Left Field entrance. Graduating students will enter through Right Field Gate.
When should guests arrive?
At 11: 00 a.m., doors will open for guests.
At 12:00 p.m., the procession will begin.
Can I bring balloons, pets, flowers, etc.?
Flowers are allowed. Balloons and animals (other than service animals) are not allowed into the stadium. For a full list of prohibited items and bag policies, please visit T-Mobile Park’s website.
More information can also be found in security information.
Will there be food and beverages available?
Yes, a limited number of concessions will be open.
How long is the ceremony?
The ceremony is expected to be about 2.5 hours long.
How do I find my student after the ceremony?
Please have prearranged plans to meet up with your graduate.
The University of Washington Bothell will follow the health guidance of the State of Washington and King County Health Department for COVID protocols for this year’s commencement ceremonies.
Masks are not required but are strongly recommended.
*If you feel sick, test positive or have been exposed to COVID-19 please do not attend the ceremony.