Graduate Hooding Ceremony
June 8, 2024 at the UW Bothell Sports Field.
What to expect:
The Graduate Hooding Ceremony at the University of Washington Bothell, celebrates and affirms graduate students’ achievement of obtaining their master’s degree. Our master’s degree students are recognized ceremonially by one or more graduate program’s faculty robing the graduate student with the master’s hood, which bears the colors of their institution and their field.
10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Student check-in at the ARC (Activities and Recreation Center). Families and friends proceed to the UW Bothell Sports Field.
- Find your School check-in table and collect your name card.
- DO NOT LOSE THIS CARD. THIS IS HOW YOUR NAME IS READ WHEN YOU CROSS THE STAGE.
10:30- 10:45 a.m.
- Line up with your School and program. Stay in line. The people in front and behind you will be seated next to you.
- Process to the ceremony and stay in your line. Staff Marshals will guide you.
- Stage Party and Faculty process.
- Ceremony begins.
- Don’t forget your name card! You will be hooded on stage (you will NOT receive a diploma cover).
- Stage Party and Faculty exit.
- Students are released row by row by Staff Marshals. REMAIN SEATED until your row has been released.
12:15 p.m. – Ceremony ends (approximate time)
- Students will exit to meet family and friends and enjoy refreshments on campus.
What should I wear and bring?
Master’s apparel: Black master’s gown with cap, degree-colored hood, and black tassel.
Carry your hood with you, you will be hooded on stage by faculty. Please wear comfortable shoes as there is some walking on pavement and the ceremony is on turf.
Guests & Seating
The ceremony will be held in a large tent on the sports field. There are no tickets. However, due to space restrictions and respect for others, it is requested that students bring no more than 4 guests, so that all guests may have a seat. Seating is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be standing room only if all seats are filled.
The North Parking Garage is the closest parking area to the sports field. All lots and garages will be open. Parking permits and payment are required at all parking lots and garages on campus.