Implementation of UW Bothell’s new strategic plan is a multi-year process that begins in 2020.
A cross-campus group, composed of key leaders and stakeholders, will coordinate work that advances the plan’s three key priorities.
The group’s coordination work involves two spheres: those activities and initiatives of individual campus units and those that involve the broader campus.
The following tasks will be a high priority in the first several years of the plan:
- Prompt units to articulate and/or align their respective strategic plans
- Define targets for metrics
- Leverage targets for well-established priority areas
- Create a timeline in which to devise a structure for managing Cross-Disciplinary Teaching and Scholarship
- Charge the Community Engagement Council to propose a structure of managing and operationalizing campus engagement
- Establish a campus-wide funding initiative around teaching and/or scholarship
- Annual report of campus, unit and council alignment with and progress toward advancing priorities — with Chancellor’s Cabinet review and discussions regarding progress we have made and structural obstacles that hinder advancement
- Annual update to campus metric dashboard noting previous year’s progress as well as narratives of impact that chart, qualitatively, our progress