Accessibility 101 online course
Accessibility 101 - Principles of Inclusive Design provides online training for UW faculty and staff in two formats:
- Instructor led, asynchronous, 4-week course offered throughout the year
- Self-paced course, with optional quizzes
Both formats offer learning content, videos, assessments to check your understanding. The instructor-led course also offers practical assignments. Expectations for time requirements are between 3-4 hours per week, depending on your learning preferences.
A completion certificate will be offered to participants who complete the required activities in the instructor-led course with a 85% or above grade. Certificate processing may take 4-6 weeks after the end of course.
This course is divided into content areas addressing the following topics:
- PDF accessibility basics with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Accessible web design standards (WCAG 2.1)
- And More Accessibility Lessons
- Etiquette In the classroom
- Meetings and events
- Excel spreadsheets
- Ally: Canvas accessibility tool
- Accessible of student-created content