8th Annual UW Bothell Husky 5K
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Husky 5K Schedule
||Cascadia Pups and Cubs 1K
||Silent Auction Closes
About Husky 5K
2013 marks the 8th anniversary of the UW Bothell 5K Run-Walk! This growing race is expected to host 700-750 runners and walkers, and over 1,200 people on campus! The event features not only the 5K Run-Walk through campus and downtown Bothell, but also the Cascadia Pups and Cubs 1K. There will be music, family-oriented attractions like face painting and a bouncy house, a complimentary breakfast directly after the race, prizes and giveaways for participants, and friendly faces at our sponsor booths!
All proceeds from the race benefit UW Bothell student scholarships. The run is one of the only events in the area devoted to this ever-increasingly important cause, and is proud to support students in their endeavors to continue their education in more difficult economic times.
Why get involved?
- UW Bothell has a student body of over 3,600 as well as over 10,000 alumni. Sponsorship is a great way to showcase your business or organization (in 2012, this event brought over 1000 people to campus).
- 59% of current students receive some kind of financial aid.
- The UW Bothell Alumni Council endowed a $25,000 scholarship fund in January 2010, a direct result of the annual 5K. As we continue to raise funds, we’ll be able to help more deserving students with scholarships.
- To date, the annual UW Bothell Husky 5K has raised over $60,000 for student scholarships.
- UW Bothell offered $18.8 million in aid funds to 1,611 students during the 2009-2010 academic year.
- Your support will assist us in continuing to meet the growing need for college financial assistance.