UW Bothell Business Plan Competition Timeline
1. Two (2) printed copies of your business plan must be delivered to the UW Bothell Business Development Center by the close of business, Thursday, March 31st 2011. The BDC is now located in suite 104 of the new Beardslee building, across the street from the north entrance to the campus at 18807 Beardslee Blvd. If you drive, please make sure to park in a spot marked "UWB" either in the upper lot or in the bottom floor of the parking structure. We are located on the 1st floor, all the way past the doctors' offices.
2. We will review all submissions and provide written feedback either on them directly or on an attached comment sheet. We intend to complete this before Sunday, April 3rd.
3. On Monday, April 4th we will notify approximately 16 teams that they have been selected as Semi-Finalists for the Business Plan Competition. If practical, we will also send scanned comments to the Semi-Finalists so that teams can incorporate feedback into their plans before they are submitted to judges for the Semi-Final Round. In any case, teams will be able to pick up their plans on Monday, April 4th.
4. By Tuesday, April 12th all teams in the Semi-Finals are required to provide four (4) spiral-bound, 1.5 spaced, color copies of their business plans to the UW Bothell BDC. These plans need to be finished and polished as they will be given to judges for review on April 13th.
5. Between April 4th and April 22nd mentors will be made available for groups to ask questions of and practice presentations to. We will contact groups concerning industry appropriate mentors as soon as possible after April 4th in order to help teams polish their plans for turn in on April 12th and their presentations for April 22nd.
6. On Friday, April 22nd Semi-Finalists will present their business plans to judges. The Semi-Final Round will begin at approximately 4PM and finalists will be announced by approximately 7PM. Four rooms of judges will view four to five teams, with each presentation lasting approximately 25 minutes, including substantial time for Q & A.
7. Between April 22nd and May 6th, Finalists will work with mentors to further refine and polish their presentations.
8. On Friday, May 6th, Finalists will present their business plans to the Final judges in Mobius Hall. This is expected to be a large event attended by many members of the business committee. The Final round will begin approximately at 4PM and the Winner, First Runner-Up, and Second-Runner up will be announced by approximately 7PM.