The following information will assist you in planning your event at UW Bothell. This “one-stop” page offers information on campus policies, rates, event space, as well as helpful links to enable you to have a successful event. If you have questions after reading through this information, please feel free to contact the Events Program at 425-352-3556, email@example.com.
Before you book your campus event you may want to view the Google Calendar to make sure the campus space is available.
Please view the building hours prior to your event. Please contact Security & Campus Safety at 425.352.5359 or firstname.lastname@example.org for building access requests beyond the hours that are posted.
To view campus space for classes, events, or seminars please click on the required link.
The Events Checklist is a helpful tool for on-campus groups reserving space via the University of Washington Bothell FUAC system.
Facility Use Policy
The Facilities Use Approval Committee (FUAC) was established by the Chancellor to approve the use of University of Washington Bothell (UWB) facilities (structures & grounds) for all non-curricular events and activities. Requests are approved and coordinated as per the Use of UWB Facilities Policy.
Facility Use Rates
You can view the rate structure and other pertinent information on the following link:
UWB Facility Rate Schedule
If you require catering services please view the list of caterers that the UW Bothell community has used in the past. The requestor is responsible for providing necessary supplies (i.e. cups, plates, serving trays, napkins, sugar/creamer, and stir sticks). Coffee can be ordered in advance through the UWB Commons Cafe by completing a catering form and sending it to email@example.com.
NOTE: The caterer list should not be considered an endorsement or recommendation for any of these businesses.
For university or non-university events there are food vendors available on campus for breakfast and lunch. Go to our Food Services web site to find delicious and healthy dining options.
Please visit our Parking web site for information on parking and fees. If a large turnout is anticipated, parking arrangements must be coordinated in advance with the Events Manager.
To assist you in finding your way to campus please view the Campus Map and Driving Directions page.
The following may require permits/forms and must be coordinated prior to facility use approval:
- Alcohol (Alcohol/Banquet Permit) The liquor laws in WA State changed as of June 2012. In order to obtain a banquet permit for an event on campus, you must complete the on-campus form AND the state form found at http://liq.wa.gov/licensing/banquet-permits. BOTH of these forms must be posted during your actual event. You will pay for your permit when you apply for it on-line, using a credit or debit card. An email with your permit will be sent to you immediately. Please remember that you must use a budget that allows for this use when paying for the permit.
- For UW non-discretionary or other UW budget that does not allow food (Food Approval Form)
- Send request to Security & Campus Safety for Fire/Occupancy
- Send request to Transportation Services if you require road closure
- Send request to Cashiers Office for parking permits
To request the use of a UWB facility for non-curricular events, a Reservation Request Form must be submitted for review and approved three weeks prior to the requested use date. If you have any questions please contact the Facility Use and Event Manager.
To request the use of a UWB classroom for curricular
events, please complete the Room Request Form
which will be submitted directly to the UWB Registrars Office. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserve Technology & IT Assistance
This support is not
included in facility rental rates. For general information about IT services for events, please go to http://www.uwb.edu/it/services/articles/ces-event-services
The requestor is responsible for submitting equipment reservations directly to Information Technology (IT) with proper notice (Software downloads and custom computer configurations require 10 business days advanced notice. Equipment requests must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to event date and can be placed using these forms:
- Other equipment/service requests can be submitted by emailing IT@uwb.edu which will create a Helpdesk ticket, or call 425-352-3456. (UWB IT will not process requests until the event has been approved by the Facilities Use Approval Committee) The IT department will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours of submission.
- If you need assistance with your computer, laptop, or classroom ePodium technology please contact IT Staff by emailing or calling the IT Helpdesk, 425-352-3456.
To view the types of equipment available through IT, please go to:
Equipment that can be set-up for an event: http://www.uwb.edu/it/howdoi/circulating-equipment
Equipment that can be checked out from IT: http://www.uwb.edu/it/services/articles/equipment-checkout
To request a Security Officer be present at your event please contact the Events Manager
, who will contact the UWB Security and Campus Safety department. Please note there is an additional charge for this service.
For policies regarding posting of signs and flyers please read the UW Bothell Policies and Procedures.
Sandwich board signs are available for use through Campus Events. If you require assistance to transport the sandwich boards you can request use of our events wagon. To reserve the signs and wagon please contact email@example.com at least 5 business days prior to your event.
Our office has 12 signs available:
6 – 25” x 46” (A sign that is 24” x 36” can be affixed onto this board using tape)
6 – 25” x 37” (A sign that is 24” x 24” can be affixed onto this board using tape)
Our office also has a Table Runner available for checkout. The Table Runner is 28" wide, 77" in length, a royal shade of purple with white trim and white lettering, and works with a variety of tablecloth colors.