Options for Students with Children
This page is intended for the use of UW Bothell students who are also parents.
The Child Care Assistance Program is designed to assist UW Bothell Campus students in covering the costs of licensed childcare for their children (newborn – 12 years old) while enrolled in an eligible program of study. This award is funded by Services & Activities fees paid by students attending the Bothell campus.
Staff and faculty are encouraged to advise students of such opportunity. Parenting students can visit this web page for more information.
The University of Washington launched childcare partnerships through KinderCare and Bright Horizons, two leading early childhood education and childcare providers. These programs include priority access to services, Back-Up/Sick Childcare, and tuition discounts.
Receive priority access to Bright Horizons and six designated KinderCare centers:
- (425) 415-1066
- Three locations in Seattle
- UW Students are eligible for enrollment priority.
- Open from 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM on weekdays. Age ranges from infants - kindergarten.
- (425) 488-7383
- 15816 116th Ave N.E., Bothell, WA. 98072
- The remaining five priority KinderCare access centers are Nothgate, Seattle, Browns Point, North Tacoma, and Woodinville.
- Priority access does not guarantee placement, but it will move you up their waitlist as UW student, faculty, or staff.
Back-Up/sick childcare is available. In-home sick childcare for your mildly ill child and center-based backup childcare is available through Bright Horizons. Up to five combined in-center and in-home uses per year are allowed.
Additional in-center based back-up childcare is also available through any KinderCare location. Up to 10 uses per family per year.
Save 10% on standard weekly tuition rates at all KinderCare locations and Before-and After-School Champions programs. If you are currently enrolled in either of these programs, please let them know you are a UW Bothell student, faculty or staff to receive your discount.
Registration is required for all programs. Services are as available and are not guaranteed.
For detailed information, please access the UW WorkLife web page for more information.
- CARES act emergency funding through King County provides vouchers to eligible families to pay for child care costs for children ages 012 for care between September and December 2020. Visit the King County CARES site for more information.
- The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is designed to offset childcare costs associated with the student-parent’s ability to attend UW Bothell while completing their degree program. This award is funded by the Services and Activities Fees paid by students attending the UW Bothell campus. The CCAP funds will cover the costs of licensed childcare for children between the ages of birth through 12 years old. Although charges associated with full-day public kindergarten may be considered, kindergarten charges associated with private schools are not typically covered. The CCAP fund is available on a first-come, first-served basis with priority consideration given to those student who meet the CCAP priority application date of August 31, 2016.
- Goodwin Connections (previously known as Seattle Milk Fund) is a childcare and family support program that helps students financially with not just the cost of childcare but also the cost of other family expenses due to being a college student.
Other Childcare Resources Near the UW Bothell Campus
- (253) 383-1735
- A general childcare resource page for the state of Washington.
- (509) 663-0034
- A network that supports children in finding safe, stable, and caring homes.
- (425) 486-0260
- A preschool and kindergarten located in Bothell, for ages 4 weeks - 12 years.
- Open from 5:45 AM - 6:30 PM on weekdays.
- (425) 485-9797
- Ranges from toddler, preschool, and before & after-school childcare.
- Open from 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM on weekdays.
- (425) 415-6378
- Up to 4 hours per day. Specifically for 2 - 6 year olds.
- Open from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM on weekdays.
The University of Washington Bothell does not recommend or endorse any childcare provider or service. These are only to serve as additional resources to those seeking local childcare providers and related services.
Lactation Rooms/Quiet Rooms
Please visit the lactation stations website for more information.
- Husky Hall 1419
- Beardslee Crossing 102U
Changing Station Locations
- Discovery-LL Floor Unisex Washroom (050)
- UW2-L2 Floor Men's and Women's Washrooms
- UW1-1st Floor Men's and Women's Washrooms
- Campus Library LB1-1st Floor Men's and Women's Washrooms
- Campus Library LB2- 1st Floor Men's and Women's Washrooms (NCEC)
The Parent Union
For more information and resources for parent-students, please visit The Parent Union. This page was created by Ruth Medina, who was a member of the Childcare Advisory Committee at the University of Washington Bothell.