DRS COVID-19 FAQs for Students and Faculty
Updated April 3, 2020
Please also visit the UW DRS COVID-19 web page for more FAQs and resources.
Is DRS open?
In order to increase precautionary health measures, we are aligning with the university message and will be holding all student appointments via phone/video/email. Our office in Founders Hall will be closed to the public until further notice, but staff will be available remotely for questions and meetings. We will maintain remote meetings until further notice and once more information is provided from campus leadership.
How can I contact DRS?
UW Bothell DRS can be reached at email@example.com, and additional FAQs and resources can be found on the UW DRS COVID-19 web page.
- Manager Rosa Liu
- Program Coordinator Alice LeFlore
- Students and Faculty can log into their myDRS profiles as usual to send and review accommodations requests.
Will exams be administered in person by DRS?
No. All exams should be administered online by faculty. Faculty are responsible to administer all curriculum and exams and provide maximum flexibility to students. Faculty and students are welcome to consult with DRS.
How do I change my class to an online format?
How do I make my online format accessible?
How do extended time and breaks for exams work in an online format?
- If your student has extra time on exams, your online exam must be extended per their accommodation.
- If your student has breaks during exams, add in their total break time to their exam, if there is no way for the student to stop and start.
How do I access my online classes?
How do I notify my professors I need accommodations in my classes?
Log in as usual to myDRS using your NetID to request your accommodations for your Spring classes.
How will I receive my extended time for online tests?
- Your professors will extend time for your online exams if you use myDRS to request your alternative testing accommodation in their class.
- If you are unable to test at the regular class time due to a scheduling conflict with another class, work with your professor to agree on an alternative time.
- You do not need to schedule test time in the DRS Alternative Testing Center.
I don't have accommodations for disability yet, how do I request them?
- Submit the new student application through our secure site.
- Upload your documentation of disability with your application.
- We will contact you to schedule your Access Planning Meeting to discuss your needs and create a plan; all APMs will meet by phone.
What other resources can I access?
Click below to login to your profile.
New students requesting disability resources, click below to apply.
Embedded in the core values of the University of Washington is a commitment to ensuring access to a quality higher education experience for a diverse student population. Disability Resources for Students (DRS) recognizes disability as an aspect of diversity that is integral to society and to our campus community. DRS serves as a partner in fostering an inclusive and equitable environment for all University of Washington students.
Rosa J. Liu, M.Ed.
Manager, Veterans Services & Disability Resources for Students
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 425.352.5307
Location: Founders Hall in the Counseling Center: Lower Level of Building UW1, Room 080
We're sorry, fax and in-person communication are not available while staff are working remotely due to COVID-19.
Login to your myDRS profile using your NetID to send accommodation notifications to your professors and review your eligibilities.
Schedule an appointment with a counselor online at the link below or call 425.352.3183.
Request accommodations for disability by submitting the online new student application and uploading your documentation of disability with your application.
Login to your myDRS profile using your UW NetID to review accommodations requests from your students.
DRS Alternative Testing Center
To protect the health of all students, faculty, and staff all classes and exams will be held online during Spring quarter and the DRS Alternative Testing Center will be closed.
DRS Student Assistants
Click here for more details or to apply for the 2020-21 school year.
Click here for information and application links for all open positions in the Division of Student Affairs.