Biological Sciences Forms & Handouts

Student forms & handouts navigation

Click the links below:

  1. How to access Google Forms
  2. Application forms
  3. Registration and sign-up forms
  4. Petition forms
  5. Academic planning handouts

How to access Google Forms

​You must activate your UW G Suite Account and be logged in to access these forms:

  1. Visit the UW NetID Resources page on your MyUW account.
  2. On the UW G Suite page next to Account Status, click Turn On.
  3. Log out of Google or open a private browsing window if you are logged into your personal Google account.
  4. Click the link below to access the form.
  5. When prompted, log into Google using your UW email address (example: "").

Application forms

  • Transfer Application Form. Use this form if you are a transfer student applying directly to the UW Bothell Biology program.
  • Internal Application Form. Use this form if you are currently at UW Bothell as a pre-major student or are already enrolled in another UW Bothell program.

Registration and sign-up forms

  • BBIO 498/499 Registration Request. Once you have discussed your research or independent study plans with your instructor, fill out this form to request registration for the credit. Please allow up to two weeks for processing. Having trouble accessing the form? Click here for instructions.
  • Symposium Presentation Sign-up. If you want to use something other than B BIO 495 (Investigative Biology) for the Investigative Biology requirement, you must present your research! Use this form to sign up for a research symposium event (always on Friday of finals week each quarter). Having trouble accessing the form? Click here for instructions.
  • Mailing List Subscribe / Unsubscribe. Subscribe to the Biology Student Mailing List to receive advising reminders and announcements, as well as information on events courses, research, internships, jobs, scholarships, clubs, and other resources!
  • Course Repeat Request. If you have taken a course twice or more, you must complete this form to request registration for that course. Having trouble accessing the form? Click here for instructions.

Petition forms

Use these forms to request for a transfer course or other non-standard option for a major or minor requirement. For University-level requirements like General Education (Writing, Diversity) or Areas of Knowledge (VLPA, I&S), please contact your advisor directly instead of submitting a petition.

Substitute work is considered on a case-by-case basis. You must submit supporting documentation such as a syllabus (preferred), a detailed letter from your instructor/supervisor, or a similar document that thoroughly explains the content of the course or experience.

Please allow up to three weeks for processing. Reviews are not made during inter-quarter breaks or summer quarters. Petitions made near the end of a quarter will take longer to receive a response, and petitions made during the summer will receive a response after the start of autumn quarter.

Having trouble accessing the form? Click here for instructions.

  • Investigative Biology Petition. Use this form when you are using anything other than B BIO 495 (Investigative Biology) to fulfill the Investigative Biology requirement of your degree.

Academic planning handouts

  • Biology Orientation Slideshow. Not sure where to start? Here is the most recent orientation presentation for Biology transfer students.
  • Biology Degree Checklist. Use this sheet to keep track of the graduation requirements of your Biology degree. Visit our curriculum page for a complete list of options in text format. Check your degree audit at least once per quarter to ensure that your courses are counting properly in our system.
  • Biology Curriculum Flowchart. Use this sheet to see a visual representation of the prerequisites between different biology-related courses. Visit our time schedule page for course descriptions and prerequisites in text format.
  • Course Planning Worksheet. Use this simple planning sheet together with the Degree Checklist and Curriculum Flowchart to figure out your academic plan. Alternatively, you can use your online MyPlan web app to make a plan that your advisor can view and comment on at any time.