Public Transportation

Many transit routes serve the UW Bothell and Cascadia College campus making over 400 stops each week day. Timetables are available at campus Transportation Centers in buildings UW1, UW2, the Library, and CC1. For additional information, contact the transit agency operating the preferred route (list at bottom of this page).

Students are encouraged to research the bus routes and timing. The School of STEM graduate programs teach evening classes running as late as 10 p.m., so be sure to plan your schedule accordingly. Please check the bus schedule either online, or download on your mobile phone one of the numerous applications issued by Seattle or Community Transit offices. For real time transit information, consider downloading the app called 'OneBusAway'.

Fellow graduate students have previously suggested the below routes that access the campus on a regular basis.

Bus Routes

Recommended Bus Routes For Graduate Students:

Sound Transit
Route 522 Woodinville Park & Ride - Downtown Seattle Express
Route 535 Lynnwood Transit Center - Bellevue Transit Center Express

Community Transit
Route 105 UW Bothell/Cascadia - Mariner Park & Ride

Metro Transit
Route 372 Bothell/Lake City - University District

Some other bus routes that access the campus less frequently are:

Community Transit
Route 106 UW Bothell/Cascadia – Mariner Park & Ride

Metro Transit
Route 238 UW Bothell/Cascadia – Kirkland via Totem Lake
Route 312 UW Bothell/Cascadia – Downtown Seattle
Route 931 UW Bothell/Cascadia – Redmond via Woodinville

For information on bus schedules and routes, check their transit websites listed below.

Bus Fares

Buses take cash as fare, but do not give change. What is more popular for regular commuters is an ORCA card or a U-PASS.

An ORCA card is a card that you can load with money to use public transit – it subtracts the fare to the card when you tap it to the reader at the front of the bus. A U-PASS is similar, but is embedded in your Student ID card. Instead of loading a U-PASS with money, you pay a quarterly fee and get unlimited usage of the bus system. The U-PASS typically only functions during the quarter, so you may not be able to get it immediately upon arrival or during certain points between quarters. 

If you are going to be using a bus heavily during the quarter, a U-PASS may be more beneficial to you. If you are going to be using the bus sparingly during the quarter or often on breaks in the quarters, you may want to consider an ORCA Card.

Transit Agencies

For more information on fares, schedules, stops, and transit options, contact the transit agency or visit their websites listed below.

Sound Transit
Phone: 1.888.889.6368
TTY: 1.888.713.6030

Community Transit
Phone: 1.800.562.1375
TTY: 2425.778.2188

Metro Transit
Phone: 206.553.3000 or 1.800.542.7876
TTY: 206.684.1739