TAKE A LEAP FORWARD INTO YOUR NEXT CAREER - STUDY ONLINE OR ON-CAMPUS
What you'll learn:
- Object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms in C++
- Design and testing of software systems
- Systems programming
- Core software engineering and cybersecurity concepts
- Complete all courses in one academic year (9 months)
- Evening on-campus or online cohort model meeting the needs of working professionals
- Preparation for entry into the software engineering field
- Bridge program for entry into M.S. in Cybersecurity Engineering or M.S. in Computer Science & Software Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Software Design & Development (GCSDD) provides fundamental concepts of computer science and software development in a six-course sequence. The curriculum covers essential concept areas within computer science including: data structures and algorithms, systems programming, and software engineering life cycle and modeling.
Students develop the core skills needed as a pathway for further work or study in computer science and software engineering, or cybersecurity engineering.
These courses are created from critical points of a computer science bachelor’s degree core curriculum at a pace and intensity that is reflective of, and appropriate for, a post-baccalaureate student.
Successful completion of the three quarter program provides a pathway for admission into the Master of Science in Computer Science & Software Engineering, or the Master of Science in Cybersecurity Engineering, at UW Bothell.
Where are GCSDD alumni now?
Recent graduates who took our exit survey reported:
On average, alumni receive a $24,000 increase in salary.
97% work in Washington, of this 78% stay near the University of Washington Bothell.
50% go into the UW Bothell’s master's degree program in cybersecurity engineering or computer science & software engineering (either full or part-time).
Companies alumni work for, include, but are not limited to
- Concur Technologies
- The Boeing Company
- Philips Healthcare