Requirements to Apply
Start your journey to become a teacher here.
All applicants, regardless of intended endorsement, must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or an international transcript that has been evaluated by an approved translation and evaluation agency
- Endorsement Area Coursework
- 3.0 GPA in the last 90 quarter credits or 60 semester credits of graded upper-division coursework
- 20 hours of documented work with secondary or middle-level students in U.S. public 6-12 grade classrooms
- Online application found here
- 3 Admissions Essays
- Transcripts for all degree-granting institutions and institutions where you completed content area coursework (if completed as a non-matriculated student)
- Documentation of your 20 hours of experience in a 6-12 grade classroom (submitted through the online application)
- Documentation of Endorsement Area Coursework
- An admissions or School of Educational Studies advisor will work with you to complete a Content Area Transcript Review form for your intended endorsement
- Two Recommendations (submitted through the online application):
- School-Based Recommendation: a recommendation from a teacher who has observed you in the classroom--can be completed by the same person verifying your 20 hours of experience
- Academic or Professional Recommendation
- WEST-B Basic Skills Test, SAT, or ACT test scores
- Recommended but not required: Endorsement Area Test Scores
- Passing WEST-E test scores for Biology or History endorsements
- Passing NES test scores for English Language Arts, Mathematics or Physics endorsements.
Please note: All enrolled matriculated students are required to provide proof of measles (rubeola) immunity. You will not be allowed to register for any classes until the UW Bothell Registrar's Office confirms that you have satisfied this requirement. Students born before 01/01/57 are considered to be immune to measles and therefore do NOT need to submit proof of immunity.