Secondary & Middle Level Teacher Certification Post-Baccalaureate
The Secondary & Middle Level Teacher Certification Program prepares students to become certified high school or middle school teachers in the state of Washington. Upon completion of this highly-structured, full-time, four-quarter program, students will meet all of the requirements to be recommended for Washington State Residency teacher certification.
UW Bothell's "cohort model" post-baccalaureate program progresses students together through a series of teaching foundations and adolescent development coursework, along with hands-on teaching methods courses and a structured student-teaching internship. You will be challenged to apply and extend what you learn in class to your work with youth in several school settings.
Washington state secondary teachers must be endorsed in a specific content area. UW Bothell supports the following endorsements:
- Full-time, day-time program
- Summer Quarter start
- Teaching methods courses provide direct experience and contact with high school students.
- Teaching methods courses held in local high schools and taught by full-time UW faculty
- Students progress through program as a cohort, fostering an enhanced learning community and life-long professional colleagues
- Students learn to design and employ curriculum and instructional practices that promote equity and social justice
- School placement partnerships with local school districts serving diverse student populations
- Dedicated academic advising and school placement staff
- Professional development and certification exam preparation workshops
- Students may use financial aid to fund program
January 15, 2021
Students must submit all supporting documentation by February 15, 2021.
The application to join the Summer 2020 cohort is now closed.
For the most up to date information, please complete the Program Interest Form