Online Accident Reporting System (OARS)
The University of Washington Bothell/Cascadia College campus partners with EH&S Seattle to provide a uniformed way of reporting all accidents, near misses and illnesses. Reporting these will help prevent future incidents on campus and allow for correct followup measures to be taken.
If there is critical information needing to be reported which may help aid in the life and safety of others, please dial 911 or call Campus Safety office at 425-352-5359.
All other safety concerns and needs may be reported anonymously:
Who can report?
As part of the Bothell Campus Community, we are required to document all injuries, illnesses or near misses. Please see below about how to submit a report and feel free to contact your supervisor or EH&S with any questions. As a reminder, there are NO repercussions to reporting any accident/incidents, you can also file a anonymous report here.
Reporting an injury, illness, or near miss
- An injury or illness is an accident or incident that causes physical harm.
- A near miss is an incident that has the potential to cause harm to people, property, processes or the environment.
- You are required to report any work-related illness, injury, or near misses to your supervisor immediately. If you are seriously injured, you should seek immediate medical treatment.
- UW Bothell Employees: Immediately following an incident please complete the Online Accident Reporting System (OARS). This is an internal document and WILL NOT initiate a workers' compensation claim.
- UW Bothell students and visitors: Complete the UW Non-Employee Injury Form (OHS Form 109) as a record of incident. This form is an internal document and WILL NOT initiate a liability claim.
If you need any assistance with reporting, please contact EH&S at firstname.lastname@example.org.