Who we are
The Advisory Council on Campus Safety was originally established February 1, 2017, by the University of Washington Bothell Chancellor, Wolf Yeigh, and the Cascadia College President, Eric Murray, to advise and provide recommendations on campus safety matters.
The charge of the council is to advise the University of Washington Bothell Chancellor and the Cascadia College President on the following matters:
- The operations of our current campus safety system and suggest changes or improvements that can be made to ensure the safety and well-being of people on campus, particularly Black, Indigenous, Latinx and persons of color.
- Our current agreement with the Bothell Police Department to have a storefront officer operating out of our campus, and whether we should discontinue, alter or renew it beyond June 30, 2021.
- Provision of additional resources or reallocation of existing resources to support more safety education and violence prevention.
- Our relationship between members of our broad community, Campus Security Office and the City of Bothell law enforcement agencies and officials.
- The campus resource officer's role on campus, including the services to provide, and community concerns to be aware of and responsive to.
- Perspectives from both UW Bothell and Cascadia communities on campus safety issues
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing safety incidents (when appropriate)
- Submitting quarterly reports relating to campus safety issues
2020-2021 Academic Year
- Mumina Ali, ASUWB Director of Government Relations, UW Bothell
- Dahlia Bergen, Events and Advocacy Board Programming Chair, Cascadia College
- Gordon Dutrisac, Director of Student Advising & Support Services, Cascadia College, (Co-chair)
- Tyson Kemper, Grounds Supervisor, Facilities Services, UW Bothell/Cascadia College
- Ryan McIrvin, General Staff Organization Chair, Assistant Director, External Relations, UW Bothell
- Nazer Nazemi, Founding Faculty in Political Science, Cascadia College
- Keith Nitta, Chair of the General Faculty Organization; Associate Professor, School of IAS, UW Bothell
- Andrew Shinn, Communications Manager, School of IAS, UW Bothell (Co-chair)
- Cham Kao, Director, Campus Safety, UW Bothell/Cascadia College
- Tony Guerrero, Associate Vice Chancellor, Facilities Services, UW Bothell/Cascadia College
- Gowri Shankar, Interim Vice Chancellor, Planning & Administration, UW Bothell
- Meagan Walker, Vice President, External Relations & Planning, Cascadia College