Student guide for Harborview Medical Center
- Location: Ninth & Jefferson Building, 908 Jefferson, Seattle WA 98104
- Classroom Location: 7th floor, Room 707, building elevators are located behind the parking elevators in the main lobby area of the building.
Parking, transportation and security
Inclement weather policy
The Harborview Medical Center suspension of UW Bothell classes is at the discretion of the faculty. If it is decision of the faculty to cancel classes due to inclement weather or an HMC lockdown, the decision is posted by the faculty on the Canvas course site. For a morning class, the decision is posted by 6:00 am. For an afternoon class, the decision is posted by 11:00 am. Likewise, if UW Bothell suspends operations, no classes are held at HMC. Sign up for the UW Bothell Emergency Alerts.
Textbooks are purchased at the UW Bothell Bookstore on the Bothell campus or using the online purchasing option with delivery to your home.
Internet access is open to the public as an HMC guest and students can use the free guest wi-fi.
- Where: 5 Center Tower, room 98. It is the Professional Development Office, fifth floor.
- It is recommended to have your UW Husky Card with you.
- From the main entrance of the Center Tower, take the elevator to 5th floor then take a right. The office is down the hall on the right, room #98.
- Tip: It does not look or feel like an open computer lab. It is an office with some staff. With two open work student computer stations for you to login and print. The printer is to the left of the cubicle you are in. If you need help and when you enter, you can let the staff know you are a UW student. They’ll be happy to welcome you to print.
Academic advising and faculty
- The academic adviser will hold office hours up to 5x per quarter.
- Adviser contact: Norma Perez-Comparan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct line at UW Bothell: 425-352-3199. Direct line at Everett Community College: 425-259-8905 (Tuesdays ONLY).
Food and drink(s)
Cafeteria Dining Room - The main dining facility is located on the basement floor of the West Hospital and serves
a range of foods for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; weekends from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Ninth Avenue Café - Located in the Norm Maleng building and serves sandwiches, coffee drinks, pastries, soups, snacks and salads. Open Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The UW Bothell Writing and Communication Center provides remote services. You can submit your paper online for feedback, schedule a phone and or online conference. Learn more at https://www.uwb.edu/wacc
Additionally, it is important to know that all students of the Seattle site are UW Bothell students, and have full access to all student support programs and university resources. Many resources such as the Writing and Communications Center, have phone, online and email services such as the student IT Help Desk, the Nursing Librarian, Career Services, Counseling, the UW Bothell Care Team. Always connect with the support program to see how the staff can assist you remotely if you cannot go to the campus.
A complete list of UWB resources open to all students is found online at https://www.uwb.edu/students
Updated 9/18/19 H.AlZawady