Hardship Withdrawal

Hardship Withdrawal

Hardship withdrawal petitions may be submitted for dropping individual courses after the 14th calendar day of the quarter or after the drop deadline for A or B terms during summer quarter. 

You may petition the Registrar for a hardship withdrawal if the following apply:

1) you are unable to complete the course in question because of a physical and/or mental debilitation, or

2) unusual or extenuating circumstances beyond your control prevented you from dropping the course by the drop deadline (the last day to drop an individual course for the quarter).

Hardship Withdrawals will not be granted for course work that has already been applied to a completed degree.

Petitions must be submitted promptly.

If the petition is granted, a $20 change of registration fee will be assessed.

Ways to Apply

Hardship Withdrawal Petition FAQ