Online Tutoring On GoBoard Platform
We recognize the need for students to recieve assistance remotely, espeically for hybrid and online courses. In order to provide the same support to distance learning students, we are piloting an online tutoring platform called GoBoard. We will offer the same support via GoBoard as we do in the Center, during the same hours and with the same tutors. (We are only funded to assist students enrolled at UW Bothell. If you are from a different institution, please see the suggestions on the bottom of our Tutoring Page).
To Request Online Tutoring
- Call the QSC Front Desk at (425) 352-3170. We will need your name, phone number, uw email, student ID, and the details of the course for which you would like assistance (course name, number and instructor).
- Check your UW email for the link to the specific GoBoard Session that the Coordinator will set up for you.
- Paste the provided link into either Chrome or Firefox (GoBoard is not supported on any other browsers) to enter online tutoring session. If you intend to use LaTex, we recommend Firefox.
- Log in using your student Google account (or facebook if you prefer). You will have to allow GoBoard to access your account details to "know" who you are during the session.
- Upload a photo/PDF/doc of the problem you're requesting help with, or be ready to screenshare your code with your tutor.
- Make sure you can use your microphone and the Text Chat feature. You are not required to log in to use the Text Chat (even if it looks like it). You may close the prompt and still be able to chat.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the GoBoard tools before you request help from a tutor. You can watch a tutorial by going to the GoBoard site at: https://www.goboard.com/ and clicking on "Learn More." We also recommend that you check the QSC schedule to make sure we have a tutor available for your specific course.
Online Tutoring Instructions and Questions
Please send us feedback (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know what your questions are, what's working, and on what we can improve. Thanks!
For more detailed instructions, please first read this document: GoBoard Instructions for Students; if you are still having trouble, feel free to call the QSC Coordinator back, who will try their best to help you out.