Want To Be A Tutor?
If you have an affinity for numbers and a passion for helping people, this could be the job for you! The QSC is currently looking for tutors in ALL SUBJECTS. In particular we have known needs for Business, Climate Science, CSS, GIS, Physics, and Statistics.
Quantitative Skills Center tutors help students, faculty and staff with any aspect of the quantitative process, which includes:
- help with the concepts related to a quantitative homework assignment
- discussion of appropriate quantitative/problem solving techniques for any given task or assignment
- support in the use of quantitative software such as Excel, SPSS, MATLAB, etc...
- assistance in the understanding and organization of data
- explanation of mathematical concepts, theories and formulas
- modeling of learning strategies and study skills
- help with interpreting or creating graphs or charts
QSC tutors are required to attend staff meetings and trainings to discuss techniques and improve skills.They may also be required to perform light clerical or educational outreach tasks such as answering routine questions and making class visits to advertise the QSC when time permits.
Minimum Requirements: A 3.0 in at least two quantitative courses offered at UWB that you would be willing to tutor. Candidates are also expected to familiarize themselves with the purpose of the QSC via our website.
Please apply here or visit: http://apply.interfolio.com/50256. Please upload the following with your application:
- A resume specific to the tutoring position
- A cover letter, explaining how you heard about the position, what you would like to gain from working at the QSC, and what you think you could contribute
- Answers to the following:
- what is your major?
- how long would you like to work at the QSC?
- all software and technologies you are comfortable using
- An unofficial copy of your transcript
- Bring to the interview: Two references' contact information, one from a college professor and one from a recent job/volunteer supervisor