- February 27-28 – Registration for Spring Quarter for first year students begins (check your MyUW for your specific day of registration)
- March 13 - Last day to withdraw from winter quarter (dropping all classes)
Scholarships don’t have to be intimidating. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships has put together some great tips on paying for college.
Become familiar with scholarship search resources listed on the UWB Merit Scholarships website.
Start early – Researching scholarship opportunities and putting together a competitive application requires planning at least two quarters in advance. For example, if you want to study abroad in the fall, you must apply for study abroad scholarships during winter and spring quarters.
Most scholarship applications require:
- Short essay(s)
- Resume or CV
- Letters of recommendation
A useful strategy is to create a timeline:
- Start with the deadline and work backward
- Plan out when specific application components should be completed
- Leave time for revising
- Give advance notice to recommenders
Set up a detailed profile on theWashBoard.org, when searching for scholarships.
If you have questions, feel free to stop in at our Quick Questions Drop-In Advising. We’re in the Student Success Center (UW1-160) 10:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Thursday.
You can also reach us through email or by phone: