- February 17 – President’s Day – NO CLASSES
- February 23 – deadline for changing courses grading option to S/NS ($20 fee) or use annual drop ($20 fee)
- February 23 - deadline for using an Annual Drop (if not already used during autumn quarter), possible $20 fee
- February 27-28 – Spring Quarter registration begins for first year students (check your MyUW for your specific day of registration)
Registration is on the horizon! Let’s take a look at some of the steps along the way for registration.
Getting ready to register
Before you can register for classes, you should probably check out a couple of things:
- First, take a look at your MyUW for your specific day of registration.
- Use the Major Planning Worksheets to learn about prerequisites for your intended major.
- Review the Audit Degree program located within MyPlan. Audit Degree tells you how your prior and current course work satisfy requirements towards your intended major and graduation. Be in contact with a Pre-Major Advisor if the audit does not reflect coursework you have completed.
- Next, be sure to look at the Time Schedule or MyPlan. First year students with less than 45 credits at teh end of winter quarter should take Discovery Core (B CORE). In addition, search for prerequisites towards your intended major and explore the different listings, you might find something you didn’t expect!
- Last, but not least, you might want to make an appointment with a Pre-Major Advisor or stop by Drop-In Advising for your quick questions if you have not done so already.
Use your academic resources
You are responsible for your education, but you don’t have to do it alone. Be proactive and use the resources available to you.
If you have questions you don’t see on here, feel free to stop in at our Quick Questions Drop-In Advising. We’re in the Student Success Center (UW1-160) 10:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Thursday.
You can also reach us through email or by phone: