October 9 - November 12
- Late course drop period (counts as Annual Drop and $20 fee assessed)
- Tuition payment deadline!!
- Last day to add a course through MyUW.
This week’s questions:
How should I contact my professors?
The simple answer is on your syllabus.
- Every syllabus should have your professor’s contact information and their office hours.
- Feel free to send them an email if you have specific concerns or stop by their office hours to chat.
You can also just ask them.
- If you’re nervous about going to office hours or concerned about writing an email, try talking to them before or after class to break the ice.
- If they haven’t announced it to the class already, this can be a good opportunity to find out how they prefer to be addressed; knowing this can make it easier to write emails and talk with them in the future.
How can I get personal support?
Check out these services:
- Health and Wellness Resource Center & United Way Benefits Hub - Services include: Access to public benefits (SNAP, Orca cards, utility assistance, etc.); Legal Services; Financial coaching; Emergency financial grants up to $1000; Sexual and reproductive health education; and much more.
- Career Center – These folks in the Student Success Center (UW1-160) can help you find jobs or internships that can help boost your productivity and improve your resumé.
- Counseling Services – If you’re feeling stressed and aren’t sure where to turn, the professional counselors in UW1-080 are available by appointment to help you out.
- Recreation and Wellness – With things like intramural sports and the HEROs, Rec & Wellness offers a variety of resources for staying happy and healthy.
Where can I go for academic support?
Check out these free services:
- Writing and Communication Center – The WaCC in UW2-124 offers appointments to help with all stages of the writing and presentation process. Just don’t forget to bring the prompt!
- Quantitative Skills Center – The QSC in UW2-030 offers drop-in help for all things numbers. They also have backup calculators and certain textbooks. Just don’t forget to bring your Husky ID!
If you have questions you don’t see on here, feel free to stop in at our Quick Questions Drop-In Advising. We’re in the Student Success Center (UW1-160) 10:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Thursday.
You can also reach us through email or by phone: