105 Credit Petition

Undergraduates must declare a major by the time they have completed five (5) academic quarters (summer quarter is not counted) and earned 105 credits or a hold will be placed on their registration until they either declare a major, or meet with an advisor and receive a Pre-Major extension.

When to apply:

Students can apply at least one quarter before completing 5 academic-year quarters and 105 credits. Transfer students who are admitted to the University with 105 or more credits are expected to declare a major before their second quarter or obtain an extension.

How to apply:

Students should meet with an academic advisor to discuss their academic goals and review how to complete the 105 Credit Rule Petition. The online form is located at the link below.

Where to apply:

Please use this link.

Next steps:

The Petition committee meets every other week through the 5th week of quarter and then the committee will meet every week until the end of the quarter. The committee will respond to your petition via your UWemail within two weeks of receiving it. The committee meets throughout the academic year except during holidays and winter and spring breaks.