Pharmacists dispense medications prescribed by health practitioners and are experts in educating patients and practitioners on drug selection, dosage, side effects, etc. Preparing yourself to apply to pharmacy school involves a lot of planning and hard work. Pre-pharmacy students must focus on completing prerequisite courses, getting good grades in all of your courses, gaining experience in the field (through work, volunteering, and shadowing), and taking the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT). Here you will find details about what common pharmacy school prerequisite courses are and what UW Bothell and UW Seattle courses fulfill those requirements, and more information about the PCAT.
Learn more about pharmacy education and career pathways by visiting the Pharmacy Is Right for Me (Pharm4Me) website, following us on social media @Pharm4Me, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines for application vary by program.
- Take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT). The September testing date is the last date to take the test if you are applying at the end of Autumn Quarter. Please note: WSU no longer requires the PCAT as of the 2016-2017 admission cycle.
- Most pharmacy programs use the PHARMCAS application service. In addition, the two programs in Washington state require supplemental applications:
- UW Admissions Info: Standard applications due December 1. Check web site for early decision application date. In addition, students must submit the on-line supplemental application directly to the UW School of Pharmacy.
- WSU Admissions Info: Standard applications due February 1. Check web site for early decision application date.
Interviews are scheduled from January through March. Notification letters are sent from February through May.
2022-2023 (upcoming) cycle
- JUL 01: PharmCAS Instructions are available to applicants
- JUL 14: PharmCAS application launches by noon ET
- SEP 22: Pharmacy School Virtual Fair (Register Now!)
- NOV 01: 1st Final (enforced) application deadline
- DEC 01: 2nd Final (enforced) application deadline
- DEC 15: Fall Academic Update opens
- JAN 04, 2023: 3rd Final (enforced) application deadline
- FEB 01, 2023: 4th Final (enforced) application deadline
- FEB 15, 2023: Fall Academic Update closes
- MAR 01, 2023: CAG decision deadline for applicants applying to CAG schools
- MAR 01, 2023: 5th Final (enforced) application deadline
- APR 03, 2023: 6th Final (enforced) application deadline
- APR 17, 2023: Spring Academic Update window opens
- MAY 01, 2023: 7th Final (enforced) application deadline
- JUN 01, 2023: 8th Final (enforced) application deadline
- JUN 30, 2023: Application and Spring Academic Update close for 2022-2023
Washington Pharmacy Schools