Winter quarter 2020 advising & orientation
All incoming first year and transfer students must attend a mandatory half-day orientation program before they can register for classes.
Register for Winter Quarter Orientation
Check-in location, times, parking, and other important information will be provided in your confirmation email after you register for an orientation session.
NOTE: Registration system does NOT work with the Internet Explorer browser. Please use a different internet browser, such as FireFox or Chrome.
Advising & orientation checklist
- Create UWNetID
Admitted undergraduate students are required to submit a nonrefundable $100 deposit to confirm their admission. Once you enroll, the $100 will be credited toward your first quarter’s tuition.
NOTE: Returning UW Bothell students are not required to pay a deposit. However, confirmation is still required online from the link below.
Confirm your enrollment online here In addition, you will be billed another mandatory, one time $330 New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee that will be payable with your first quarter tuition. This fee pays for services you will receive as a new student at the University of Washington and is not refundable or transferable.
- Immunization Policy: If you are matriculating at Bothell, Seattle or Tacoma for the first time, you must prove that you are immune to certain diseases. Your requirement depends on your program of study and your age. Hall Health Center manages these requirements on the Seattle campus. Learn more about the new immunization policy here.
- Check the status of your admissions deposit on MyUW. It may take up to two weeks to process this payment once you mail it in. You will need to create a UWNetID in order to use MyUW.
- Once your admissions deposit has been processed, you will be able to register for your session.
- Register for an advising and orientation session as soon as possible; international students will also attend an F1 Visa Immigration Orientation
- Make sure you have submitted all applicable advising documentation such as transcripts from previous schools and Math Placement Test results. Learn more about the Math Placement Test
- Attend orientation and register for your first quarter classes.
As a new international student, you must attend the F1 Visa Immigration Orientation. You do not need to register for this session separately. It will take place on the same day as your Advising & Orientation session. For question and other resources for international students, please contact the Center for International Education,
Disability Resources for Students
The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal
opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. It would be best if requests are made 10 days prior to the event; to request disability accommodations contact Disability Resources for Students at:
- Phone: 425-352-5307
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TDD: 425-352-5303
- Fax: 425-352-3581