Autumn Quarter Advising & Orientation Registration will be available March 1st 2019
All incoming transfer students must attend a mandatory orientation program before they can register for classes. We have several sessions to choose from, beginning in late June and ending in mid September.
Steps to register for a session:
1) Complete and return the the following items to the University of Washington in the envelopes provided in your admissions packet:
- Enrollment Confirmation Form (found in your Welcome Packet), including the $100 Admissions Deposit. In addition, you will be billed another mandatory, one time $300 New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee that will be payable with your first quarter tuition. This fee pays for services you will receive as a new student at the University of Washington and is not refundable or transferable.
- Measles Immunity Verification Form. You must submit this form to the Office of the Registrar two weeks prior to your Advising & Orientation session. If it is not received, you will not be able to register for classes. However, you can still sign-up for orientation.
2) Check the status of your Admissions deposit on MyUW. It may take up to two weeks to process this payment once you mail it in. You will need to create a UWNetID in order to use MyUW.
3) Math Placement Testing
UW Bothell offers a mathematics placement and proficiency test. This test is designed to assess your level of mastery in mathematics so that you do not have to take courses you don't need, and that you are placed in the level of mathematics that is appropriate for you. If you're a new student, it is highly recommended you take a Math placement before your Advising & Orientation session.
You need to take a math placement test if both of the following are true:
- You're interested in a program that requires college math; this includes STEM majors (biology, chemistry, engineering, computer science, etc.), pre med, or business.
- You don't already have college credit for algebra or calculus, or a calculus Advanced Placement (AP) score of 2 or higher, or an International Baccalaureate (IB) Mathematics (higher level) score of 5 or higher.
To register for a Math placement test:
To read more about the Math Placement test: http://www.washington.edu/uaa/advising/academic-planning/choosing-courses/placement-testing/
You will want to take your math test prior to your Orientation.
4) Once your Admissions Deposit has been processed, you will be able to register for your session.
Click below for information from Admissions
Information for Transfer Students
You must attend an orientation before you can register for classes. At these sessions, you will also be able to meet with an advisor to learn more about your program requirements.