2019 Autumn Quarter Advising & Orientation will open March 1st of 2019.
All incoming first year students must attend a mandatory two-day orientation program before they can register for classes. We have several sessions to choose from, beginning in late June and ending in mid September.
Steps to register for a session:
- Complete and return the the following items to the University of Washington in the envelopes provided in your admissions packet:
- Enrollment Confirmation Form (found in your Welcome Packet), including the $100 Admissions Deposit. In addition, you will be billed another mandatory, one time $300 New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee that will be payable with your first quarter tuition. This fee pays for services you will receive as a new student at the University of Washington and is not refundable or transferable.
- Measles Immunity Verification Form. UW Bothell has a new process for handling the immunization requirements. All documentation and verifications will be handled through the student health services at Hall Health on the UW Seattle campus. Though we encourage you to have all of your immunizations and documentation confirmed before you start classes, it will no longer stop you from enrolling. All the information regarding immunization requirements can be found here: http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/requirement-for-students-entering-fall-2019-and-later/
- Check the status of your Admissions deposit on MyUW. It may take up to two weeks to process this payment once you mail it in. You will need to create a UWNetID in order to use MyUW.
- Math Placement Testing
UW Bothell offers a mathematics placement and proficiency test. This test is designed to assess your level of mastery in mathematics so that you do not have to take courses you don't need, and that you are placed in the level of mathematics that is appropriate for you. If you're a new student, it is highly recommended you take a Math placement before your Advising & Orientation session.
You need to take a math placement test if both of the following are true:
To register for a Math placement test:
- You're interested in a program that requires college math; this includes STEM majors (biology, chemistry, engineering, computer science, etc.), pre med, or business.
- You don't already have college credit for algebra or calculus, or a calculus Advanced Placement (AP) score of 2 or higher, or an International Baccalaureate (IB) Mathematics (higher level) score of 5 or higher.
- Once your Admissions Deposit has been processed, you will be able to register for your session.
Click below for more information from Admissions:
Math Placement: Most First Year Students that want to take math at UW Bothell will need to take a math placement test. Students do not need a placement test if they have AP math credit or math credit from another college. You will want to take your math test prior to your Orientation. You may register to take the placement tests around the state or take the placement test at the UW Bothell campus. For a list of testing dates at UW Bothell, please see the Testing Website.
Feel free to register for the state placement locations here:
Math Placement Statewide Sessions
Other links to check out:
Husky Leadership Camp | Husky Adventures | Frequently Asked Questions