Summer & Autumn quarter 2020
advising & orientation
(Please note: Orientation registration is momentarily disabled until further notice)
All incoming first year and transfer students must attend a mandatory half-day orientation program before they can register for classes.
Check-in location, times, parking, and other important information will be provided in your confirmation email after you register for an orientation session.
Advising & orientation checklist
- Create UWNetID
- Complete Enrollment confirmation process online and pay $100 Enrollment Confirmation Deposit Submit housing application if you hope to live on campus by May 8
- Register for an advising and orientation session as soon as possible; international students will also attend an F1 Visa Immigration Orientation
Complete the Directed Self-Placement- Directed self-placement (DSP) at UW Bothell allows you to choose your own course path to meet the University’s first-year writing and math requirement. You'll learn the demands of each course level and reflect on which is the best choice for you to be successful as a student at UW Bothell.
Click here to take the Composition directed self-placement
Click here to take the Math directed self-placement
5. Make sure you submit final transcripts from your high school and other
colleges ideally before your orientation.
6. Attend orientation and register for your first quarter classes.
NOTE: Registration system does NOT work with the Internet Explorer browser. Please use a different internet browser, such as FireFox or Chrome.
Steps to register for a session:
- Complete and return the the following items to the University of Washington in the envelopes provided in your admissions packet:
- Enrollment Confirmation Form (found in your Welcome Packet), including the $100 Admissions Deposit. In addition, you will be billed another mandatory, one time $300 New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee that will be payable with your first quarter tuition. This fee pays for services you will receive as a new student at the University of Washington and is not refundable or transferable.
- Immunization Requirements: If you are matriculating at Bothell, Seattle or Tacoma for the first time, you must prove that you are immune to certain diseases. Your requirement depends on your program of study and your age. Hall Health Center manages these requirements on the Seattle campus.
- When registering for Advising and Orientation you will also have the option of signing up for an overnight housing orientation experience, a math placement test, the Husky Leadership Camp and New Student Networks. You can also register your family for a Parent Orientation.
- Check the status of your admissions deposit on MyUW. It may take up to two weeks to process this payment once you mail it in. You will need to create a UWNetID in order to use MyUW.
- Once your admissions deposit has been processed, you will be able to register for your session.
As a new international student, you must attend the F1 Visa Immigration Orientation. You do not need to register for this session separately. It will take place on the same day as your Advising & Orientation session. For question and other resources for international students, please contact the Center for International Education,
Disability Resources for Students
The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal
opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. It would be best if requests are made 10 days prior to the event; to request disability accommodations contact Disability Resources for Students at:
- Phone: 425-352-5307
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TDD: 425-352-5303
- Fax: 425-352-3581