Thank you for visiting this website and encouraging your student to pursue a college degree. Our goal is to make your student's transition to UW Bothell as easy and seamless as possible, and provide resources for you as family members.
- Learn more about UW Bothell
- Visit the UW Bothell Family Page for more information and resources for parents.
- Attend a Parent Orientation to become knowledgeable about the resources/services available to your student since parent/family support is key to the academic success of college students.
- Learn about the college process and what to expect – by learning about campus resources you will be able to become more familiar with what your student is experiencing. Please visit the “Student Resources” tab for more information about campus resources.
- Remind your students to make copies of all important paperwork and to make sure to write down the name, department, date and comments of the person they are speaking to when they contact different units on campus with questions.
- Remember that pursuing higher education does not mean that students will lose the values they were raised with.
- Your student may not be able to come home every weekend if they are living on campus – even if it is only 5 or 10 miles away and if they are living at home, they may not have the same amount of time to devote to family responsibilities as they did before since their new academic experiences are much different than their high school or community college.
- Be patient with yourselves and one another, especially since this is a learning experience for everyone (both you and your student) – you will all be learning about this transition process together!