UW Bothell Masters of Nursing (MN)
Program Objectives and Curriculum
Being jointly accredited with the UW Seattle School of Nursing and UW Tacoma Nursing Program, we share a common philosophy and goals as well as shared objectives for MN study at the University of Washington. Therefore, the objectives of the MN program is to prepare graduates who are able to :
- Evaluate the adequacy of underlying knowledge from nursing science, related fields, and professional foundations as it informs advanced practice;
- Competently assess and manage health-related issues within a defined population or care system and evaluate the effectiveness of these advanced nursing practices;
- Utilize knowledge and skills in professional practice among diverse and multicultural populations;
- Demonstrate competence in the development of inquiry relevant to practice, education, or administration;
- Develop and utilize leadership strategies that foster improvement of health care.