FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
BOTHELL, Wash. – The University of Washington Bothell is pleased to announce its 2010-11 Advisory Board. The board meets regularly throughout the year to provide guidance to the Chancellor and the Chancellor’s Leadership team on all matters bearing on the effectiveness of the service of the University to the Eastside and North Puget Sound region, including the long range educational needs and how the University should respond to those needs.
This year’s board will be chaired by Bill Abbot, Associate at CBRE, and has two new members, Mahnaz Javid, Vice President, Global Learning & Development at Avanade Corp and Wendy Lawrence, Retired Naval Officer and NASA Astronaut.
Ms. Javid comes to the Advisory Board as a UW Bothell alumna (M.Ed ‘95) and avid supporter of higher education. She has served as an adjunct faculty member at UW Bothell and is the founder and president of the Mona Foundation (www.monafoundation.org).
Ms. Lawrence joins the Advisory Board after a successful career in the U.S. Navy and as a NASA astronaut. Ms. Lawrence was the first female graduate of the US Naval Academy to fly in space and has a keen interest in math and science education.
The 2010-2011 UW Bothell Advisory Board also includes:
- David Brooks, CEO of Providence Regional Medical Center, Everett
- Sally Gray, Consultant
- Anoop Gupta, Distinguished Scientist at the Microsoft Corporation
- Alan Higginson, Chairman of Hubspan, Inc.
- John Kinsella, Partner – Regional Practices, ERM (Environmental Resource Management)
- Bob Leach, Senior Vice President and Financial Consultant at D.A. Davidson & Company
- Jud Marquardt, Founding Partner at LMN Architects
- George Northcroft, Regional Administrator at GSA Northwest/Arctic Region
- Jim Pinkelman, Director of Academic Relationships at Microsoft
- Bill Ptacek, Director of the King County Library System
- Jim Reed, Senior Vice President at Banner Bank
- Richard Shea, President and CEO of Spiration, Inc.
- Deborah Wilds, President and COO of the College Success Foundation
For more information about the UW Bothell Advisory Board, visit their website: http://www.uwb.edu/chancellor/advisoryboard.
About UW Bothell: The University of Washington Bothell combines the benefits of a small campus with the resources and prestige of a world-renowned university. Offering over 30 degrees, options, certificates and concentrations, its curriculum emphasizes close student-faculty interaction, collaboration among students, and hands-on learning. UW Bothell celebrates its 20th year of operation during the 2009-10 academic year with the opening of student housing, an access ramp connecting the campus to SR522, and new degrees including a Master of Computing and Software Systems (MSCSS), and a Leadership Master of Business Administration (L-MBA) at an offsite location in Bellevue, WA.