MS Accounting Prerequisites:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in Business from a recognized four-year U.S. University or equivalent institution.
- Applicants must have completed, or expect to have completed by the time they start the Master’s program, upper level (300 and 400 level) undergraduate Accounting courses in the following areas:
- Intermediate Accounting*
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Income Taxation
- Accounting Information Systems
*NOTE: The Intermediate Accounting I, II and III series may be offered in 2 semester classes or 3 quarter classes depending on the structure of your college or university.
Applicants may complete prerequisites in the following ways:
- Enroll in the 9 month Certificate in Accounting at UW Bothell, or the 10 week summer Certificate In Accounting at UW Seattle.
- Applications for the UW Bothell Certificate in Accounting are accepted until the program reaches capacity, and classes begin each September. The program completes in 3 quarters. Students will receive course registration information upon acceptance into the certificate program. If you have questions about the application process, please call 425-352-5113.
- Enroll in any other certificate in accounting program that meets either state CPA or Uniform CPA educational requirements
- Take prerequisite courses at local community colleges.
If you have remaining questions regarding prerequisite coursework requirements, please send an email to email@example.com.