MS Accounting Prerequisites:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in Business from a recognized four-year U.S. University or equivalent institution.
- Applicants must have completed, or expect to have completed by the time they start the Master’s program, upper level undergraduate Accounting courses in the following areas:
- Intermediate Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Income Taxation
- Accounting Information Systems
NOTE: The Intermediate Accounting I, II and III series may be offered in 2 semester classes or 3 quarter classes depending on the structure of your college or university.
Applicants may complete prerequisites in the following ways:
- Complete a Certificate in Accounting program at the University of Washington Bothell: https://www.uwb.edu/business/accountingcertificate. Applications are accepted until the program reaches capacity, and classes begin each September. The program completes in 3 quarters. Students will receive course registration information upon acceptance into the certificate program. If you have questions about the application process, please call 425-352-5113.
- Prerequisite courses may also be found at community colleges or universities.
- Obtain an Accounting certificate that meets either State or Uniform CPA educational requirements. Online Accounting certificate programs are acceptable provided they meet the State or Uniform CPA educational requirements.
If you have remaining questions regarding prerequisite coursework requirements, please send an email to email@example.com.