MS Accounting Prerequisites:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in Business from a recognized four-year U.S. University or equivalent institution.
- Applicants must have completed, or expect to have completed by the time they start the Master’s program, upper level undergraduate Accounting courses in the following areas:
- Intermediate Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Income Taxation
- Accounting Information Systems
Applicants may complete prerequisites in the following ways:
- Complete a Certificate in Accounting program at the University of Washington Bothell: https://www.uwb.edu/business/accountingcertificate. Applications are accepted until the program reaches capacity, and classes begin each September. The program completes in 3 quarters. Students will receive course registration information upon acceptance into the certificate program. If you have questions about the application process, please call 425-352-5113.
- Prerequisite courses may also be found at local community colleges or any other accounting certificate programs that meet either State or Uniform CPA educational requirements, including at UW Seattle.
If you have remaining questions regarding prerequisite coursework requirements, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.