Master of Nursing program goals
The goals of the Master of Nursing are to prepare graduates who are able to:
- Evaluate the adequacy of underlying knowledge from nursing science, related fields, and professional foundations as it informs advanced practice;
- Competently assess and manage health-related issues within a defined population or care system, and evaluate the effectiveness of these advanced nursing practices;
- Utilize knowledge and skills in professional practice among diverse and multicultural populations;
- Demonstrate competence in the development of inquiry relevant to practice, education, or administration;
- Develop and utilize leadership strategies that foster improvement of health care.