Welcome to the Master of Nursing program!
Complete the following steps to finalize your offer and confirm your acceptance of admission in the program.
Requirements to Complete
- Confirm your attendance. You must accept the admissions offer and then pay a $250 non-refundable Enrollment Confirmation Deposit. The deposit is applied to your first quarter of tuition. Confirmation deposits are paid through the same site that you used for application. On your application status page there will be an opportunity to designate acceptance of the offer of admission. You will also be able to link to the web page to pay the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit.
- Set up your UW NetID and student e-mail account. On the "Next Steps" to pay the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit page you will also be required to create a UW NetID, following the instructions online. If you have had a previous UW NetID, you will use the same ID name and password. If you do not have those designators still, you may need to contact the Registrar's Office for assistance at 425-352-5240 or email@example.com
- Submit your official transcripts to the Graduate School. You are required to submit your official bachelor’s transcripts to the Graduate School. Please have your transcript mailed directly from your previous school to the following address:
University of Washington
Graduate Enrollment Management Services
Seattle, WA 98195-3770
- Complete the background check. Your offer of admissions will be finalized once you complete the background check with acceptable results using our online service; CastleBranch. If you’d like to first complete the background check before paying the confirmation deposit, that is an option; however, they both must be done within 30 days of the offer. The background check takes on average about 48 hours (2 business days) to process results. There is a $54.00 administrative at the time of order to be paid to CastleBranch.
- Complete and Submit the Measles Immunity Verification Form. Submit the completed form to the Office of the Registrar. This form must be submitted before the Masters of Nursing Orientation and Advising Session. You will not be able to register for classes until this form has been submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
- Save the date, you are required to attend the Master of Nursing Orientation and Advising Session. The Master of Nursing Orientation and Advising Session is scheduled for Friday, September 21, 2018, 9:00 am to1:00 pm. This is an important opportunity to meet your classmates and faculty while you find out more about resources and requirements as a University graduate student earning an MN degree, important information for your academic success.
- Review the Health and Safety Requirements. The Health and Safety requirements of the Master of Nursing program are in place to ensure that students, participating faculty, and our community partners have taken the necessary steps to ensure the health of all individuals. This includes an annual background check, immunizations, training and professional requirements. There is an administrative fee of $50.00 (separate from the fee you paid for the background check) it cannot be waived. These additional Health and Safety Requirements must be completed before spring quarter of your first year.