Factoring the cost of attendance should include both tuition/fees and the estimated program costs outlined below.
Graduate tuition dashboard
Calculate annual and quarterly tuition/fees using the graduate tuition dashboard. The two year plan of study is 8-9 credits per quarter (7 quarters of study). The four-plan of study is 4-5 credits per quarter (12 quarters of study).
The School of Nursing and Health Studies allows for the use of UW tuition exemption to be applied to one course iBNURS 525.
Additional costs and equipment to consider
- UW Graduate School application fee of $85.00
- Health & Safety administrative fee of $104.00 (background check and immunizations)
- Clinical Placement Northwest fee of $75.00
- BNURS 590 course fee of $50.00
- Textbooks as required by individual faculty and specific courses
- Desktop computer or laptop
- Printer (if you prefer to read journals and other readings on paper; not online)
- Web camera if needed for video conferencing
- Microphone and headset for video conferencing
- Internet service when off campus
- Reliable transportation for commuting to community sites for fieldwork or class projects with partners
For more information, see the average graduate and professional student budget provided by the UW Office of Financial Aid.
Paying for graduate school
Various types of financial support, including scholarships, grants, loans, and employment, are available to support students during their programs of study.