Welcome to the Master of Nursing program!
Congratulations on your offer of admission into Master of Nursing program and the UW Graduate School! We are excited to have you join the program. Below are some next steps to get started. You are encouraged to review key dates and further details and information to help you prepare for the program in the Admitted Student Packet.
Also, don't hesitate to reach out to the graduate program advisor, Celinda Smith who is ready and available to help answer questions and be a resource for you as your prepare to join the program. See the advisor's contact information on right side of page.
Responding to the offer
Your letter of acceptance has the deadline by which we ask that you respond to the offer. If you need an extension, contact the graduate program advisor. If you accept the offer of admission, additional instructions will appear on your Application Status Page in MyGrad.
Completing the admission requirements
- Log back into your MyGrad online application and follow the prompts. In order to accept the offer, you'll need to set up your UWNetID and pay the $250 deposit to hold your space in the program. The deposit is applied to your first quarter of tuition. For assistance, reference the Instructional Guide and/or the Online Help Center.
- Complete the MMR requirements as outlined online.
- Watch for a request from the Graduate School to submit an official transcript.
About your UWnetID and MyUW
Your UWnetID is your personal identification for the UW network, student email, and for accessing administrative applications and on campus computers. Your student email is your netID (i.e. your firstname.lastname@example.org). Your MyUW is your personal portal to UW. Once you've create your UWNetID, go to any UWB page to log into your MyUW (top right corner). Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Advising and program orientation
- Select an MN Advising Session day and time presented by the graduate program advisor. In-person and Zoom sessions are available.
- Save the date for the Master of Nursing Welcome & Orientation; Friday, September 20th, from 9:00-2:00 pm at UW Bothell.
- Participate in the UW Graduate School University 501 online orientation. This is a self-guided online resources designed for graduate students.
Starting fall quarter classes and the progam of study
- View the University's academic calendar for general dates and deadlines. Day one for your MN coursework is Friday, September 27th.
- The MN courses will meet every-other-Friday between 8:30-3:30 pm with some extended non-curriculum activities until 5:30 pm (not typically required).
- Fall registration will begin the end of June. View the curriculum grid of coursework to see what your first quarter of coursework is. You do not need to decide if you want to go three-quarter time or part-time at this time. If you decide to start part-time, you'd start with BNURS 501 only.
- The Fall Time Schedule of coursework is now online.
Tuition and fees
Tuition and fees are due the third Friday of each quarter (see academic calendar). Tution is charged at the Graduate Tuition Tier II level. See program costs for additional fees and tution information and other expenses to consider.
Background check and immunizations
We are in the process of streamlining this for our graduate students. The graduate program advisor will prompt you when it is time to complete and review the required immunizations and professional e-learning. If you have already completed the background check, great! If not, you may select to wait until Spring quarter 2019.
How to pay for school
At the University of Washington and with external associations, several types of financial assistance are available to graduate students.
Updated April 2019