Welcome to the Master of Nursing program!
Congratulations on your Fall 2020 offer of admission into Master of Nursing program and the UW Graduate School! We are excited to have you join the program. Below are some next steps to get started. You are encouraged to review key dates and further details and information to help you prepare for the program in the Admitted Student Packet.
Also, don't hesitate to reach out to the graduate program advisor, Celinda Smith. See the advisor's contact information on right side of page.
Responding to the offer
Your letter of acceptance has the deadline by which we ask that you respond to the offer. If you need an extension, contact the graduate program advisor. If you accept the offer of admission, additional instructions will appear on your Application Status Page in MyGrad.
Completing the admission requirements
- Log back into your MyGrad online application and follow the prompts.
- To accept the offer, set up your UWNetID and pay the $250 deposit to hold your space in the program (applied to your first quarter of tuition). For assistance, reference the Instructional Guide and/or the Online Help Center.
- Complete the University's MMR requirements.
- Complete the programs required background check.
- Submit an official transcript as requested from the Graduate School.
About your UWNetID and MyUW
Your UWNetID is your personal identification for the UW network, student email, and for accessing administrative applications and on campus computers. Your student email is your UWNetID (i.e. your firstname.lastname@example.org). Your MyUW is your personal portal to UW. Once you've create your UWNetID, go to any UWB page to log into your MyUW (top right corner). Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Advising and program orientation
- Sign up for an Advising Orientation with the program adviser (schedule and sign up available starting June 2020). In-person and Zoom sessions are available. Once you've signed up for an advising orientation, you will have access to the student resources Canvas page.
- Save the date for the Master of Nursing Program Welcome & Lunch; Friday, September 25th, from 9:00-1:30 pm at UW Bothell in building UW1, room 010
- Participate in the UW Graduate School University 501 online orientation. This is a self-guided online resources designed for graduate students.
Starting fall quarter classes and the program of study
Tuition and fees
Tuition and fees are due the third Friday of each quarter (see academic calendar). Tuition is charged at the Graduate Tuition Tier II level. See program costs for additional fees and tuition information and other expenses to consider.
How to pay for school
At the University of Washington and with external associations, several types of financial assistance are available to graduate students.
MN Admitted Student Packet
Explore the newly created UWB MN Admitted Student Packet for further details on next-steps, graduate funding information, and much more!
Graduate Program Advisor
Master of Nursing
Current student materials and information
Explore the MN Current Student Page for more resources and information such as the dates of in-person courses, the curriculum grids, registration, academic calendar links, and student life information.
School of Nursing and Health Studies Tuition Exemption Policy and Eligibility