Payment Instructions

Payment Procedures

As an MFA student, you can pay for your courses and fees online using the MyUW portal. For payment deadlines, see the UW Academic Calendar.

Before paying, you must register for your courses. See Registration Instructions.

Note: All email communications regarding registration and payment will be sent to your UW email address.

Step 1: Review Payment Options

You may pay your course and program fees using one or more of the following payment options.

Credit Card

UW Professional and Continuing Education, which helps administer the MFA, accepts Visa and MasterCard. You may use a credit card when paying online, in person, or by phone, fax or mail.

Financial Aid/Scholarships

Financial aid or scholarship funds will be applied directly to your account balance as long as you register for the required number of credits prior to the scheduled disbursement date (generally one week prior to the start of the quarter).

  • If your aid does not cover the entire balance due, or if you register for courses after the disbursement date, you will need to pay the balance using a credit card or other method.
  • If the amount of your aid is greater than the charges on your account, the difference will be sent to your bank account via direct deposit. If you haven’t signed up for direct deposit, a check will be mailed to your local address on file.
  • Some scholarship funds can be used only to pay course fees and any overage cannot be disbursed to the student. Contact your scholarship’s funding office to inquire about disbursement conditions.
  • If you accepted federal student loans, funds will not be available until you sign all corresponding promissory notes.
  • Funds will not be disbursed to any student with financial holds on their account.

Private Loans

Private loan funds must be certified by the UW Office of Student Financial Aid before they can be disbursed to your account. To ensure that the loan was certified, contact UWPCE Registration Services at with your full name and UW student number.

Any overage will disburse to you if you have set up direct deposit.

Veterans Education Benefits

Veterans may be able to use VA benefits to pay UW fees.

  • Contact the UW Veterans Education Benefits Office before registering.
  • Contact UWPCE Registration Services at prior to the third Friday of the quarter to ensure that all authorizations are in place.

Third-Party Payments

If your employer or another party (other than a family member) has agreed to pay UW fees on your behalf, this is a third-party payment.

Note: If your employer requires you to pay UW fees and then apply for reimbursement, the employer is not considered a third-party payer.

  • A purchase order, letter of authorization to bill or any other required paperwork from the third party must be sent to UWPCE Registration Services at prior to the third Friday of the quarter.
  • We will invoice the third party directly for payment.
  • Any amount not covered by the third-party payment is your responsibility.

Check or Money Order

Checks or money orders may be mailed or delivered to PCE Registration Services (see address at bottom of page).

  • Checks must be in U.S. funds and drawn on a U.S. bank.
  • There is a $25 service charge for returned checks.


Flywire is UWPCE’s recommended payment method for international students. This online system offers multiple payment options and excellent foreign exchange rates, and it will ensure that your payment arrives safely and accurately.

To pay using Flywire, go to Flywire’s international payment portal for the University of Washington and click Start Your Payment under UW Professional & Continuing Education (PCE).

Wire Payments

International students may pay by wire transfer if Flywire is not an option.

  • Contact UWPCE Registration Services at to get bank and routing number information.
  • Include your full name and UW student number in the wire transfer to ensure it is credited to your account.
  • Be sure to include any wire transfer and bank fees in the amount of your payment so the total will cover your full balance.

Step 2: Review Your Account Statement

If you’re paying for all or part your program with loans, scholarships or any other funding sources besides a credit card, check your account statement on MyUW to verify that all expected funding has been applied to your balance.

Note: Your account statement will not be available to view until shortly before the start of the quarter. For the exact dates of availability by quarter, see the Tuition/Fee Assessment Deadlines section of the UW Academic Calendar.

  • Go to MyUW and log in with your UW NetID and password.

In the Accounts section, under Tuition & Fees, you’ll see two balances, which must be paid separately:

  • The Student Fiscal Services amount due includes fees such as U-PASS and ISHIP. To pay your balance, click the "Make payment" button. For help, see the UW Student Fiscal Services website.
  • The PCE-Continuum College amount due includes all course and program-related fees. To pay your balance, click the "Make payment to PCE button." See below for step-by-step instructions.
  • If you have submitted an application for federal financial aid, click "Financial Aid Status" to review the status of your application.

Step 3: Make a Payment to PCE-Continuum College

On MyUW, click "Make payment to PCE" to go to the UWPCE Payment Portal, which displays a summary of all paid and unpaid statements. Any statement that has not been paid in full will be listed as unpaid.

If you have an unpaid statement, click the "Details" button to view the statement.

At the bottom of the detailed statement, verify or edit the payment amount and then click the "Pay" button.

You may make multiple payments for less than the balance due by editing the payment amount before clicking Pay (this may be useful if your credit card has a limit on large transactions).You may not pay more than the balance due.

Complete all required fields, then click xxxx to submit payment. UWPCE accepts Visa or MasterCard.

To confirm your balance has been paid in full, check your statement after 24 hours.

Contact Us

We're here to answer your questions about registration and payment.

UW Continuum College/UWPCE Registration Services

Phone: 206-543-2310


In Person: 4311 11th Avenue N.E., Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98105-4608

Hours: Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.