How to Apply
Please note that two or more years of professional level work experience are required.
Create a Profile & Complete Application
- Create a New Applicant Profile at the University of Washington Graduate School application website.
- Select the Graduate application type and then select the UW Bothell Program:
- Business Administration – Bothell Business – (MBA)
- Note: There is one application for the MBA program. The online application form includes an option to select the Bellevue or Bothell location for core classes. Each new student enters the general MBA but may later select the Leadership MBA or Technology MBA option if desired.
- Complete the remainder of the Application, including the UW Bothell School of Business MBA Program Application Form.
Provide Supporting Documentation
- Upload a PDF of your resume at the application website.
- Upload one PDF of your two application essays at the application website. NOTE: If your cumulative Bachelor's degree GPA was below 3.0, it will be helpful to your application if you clarify why the GPA was below 3.0 in a 3rd optional essay. (NOTE: The "3rd optional essay" can just be written into the blank space after you answered the previous 2 questions. For more information, contact email@example.com.)
- Provide two contacts for recommendations as instructed.
- Upload a PDF copy of the transcript for each college or university you attended. If you are accepted, you will then be instructed about how and where to provide official transcripts. (NOTE: if the the file size is too small to upload all your documents, just save the documents as a condensed, black and white PDF.)
- If English is not your native language, demonstrate English Language Proficiency. Your submitted application will be considered complete only after one of the items in Memo 8 is successfully submitted to the UW.
GMAT/ GRE Requirement
2021 Applicants: The GMAT/GRE requirement was temporarily suspended for Autumn Quarter, 2020 applications as a special consideration due to the Covid-19 health situation. Any updated 2021 GMAT or GRE requirement will be announced soon in Autumn, 2020. You may apply now for 2021 and will be informed if test scores will be required for your 2021 application.
Type and years of full-time professional work experience, education, essays, references, and all other aspects of the application process continue to be considered in the admissions process. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIOR GMAT/GRE waiver request:
If GMAT/GRE test scores are required for 2021 applications, you may request a GMAT/GRE waiver if you meet one or more of the required waiver criteria. Learn more about the waiver and how to request one.
IF you choose to take the GMAT or GRE:
- You may submit your online application any time before or after taking the exam.
- If you have not taken the GMAT or GRE, please schedule an appointment by clicking here.
- If you have existing GMAT scores, please contact the GMAT testing service and request that they be sent to UW Bothell electronically via ETS, using the University of Washington's institutional code 4854.
- If you have existing GRE scores, please order an additional score report from GRE and have it sent to UW Bothell electronically via ETS, using the University of Washington's institutional code 4854.
- Exam scores older than 5 years may be considered if you can provide an official GMAT or GRE score report. Questions: please contact Vicki Tolbert at email@example.com.
If you take an exam more than once, your highest submitted score will be used for the application review.
Log in to the UW Graduate School application website to confirm receipt of your application materials. All required materials must be received before your application will be reviewed. You may be contacted by the UW Bothell MBA Program Office requesting additional material as needed.
Admission Interviews & Decisions
The MBA Admissions Committee will review completed applications as soon as possible afer an application deadline and may invite selected students for interviews. Admission decisions will be communicated within three weeks of the interviews.