How to Apply
Create a Profile & Complete Application
- Create a New Applicant Profile at the University of Washington Graduate School application website.
- Select the Graduate application type and then select the UW Bothell Program:
- Business Administration – Bothell Business – (MBA)
- Note: There is one application for the MBA program. The online application form includes an option to select the Bellevue or Bothell location for core classes. You will select the General MBA, Leadership MBA, or Technology MBA option after you are an enrolled student.
- Complete the remainder of the Application, including the UW Bothell School of Business MBA Program Application Form.
Provide Supporting Documentation
- Upload a PDF of your resume at the application website.
- Upload one PDF of your two application essays at the application website. NOTE: If your cumulative Bachelor's degree GPA was below 3.0, it will be helpful to your application if you clarify why the GPA was below 3.0 in a 3rd optional essay. (NOTE: The "3rd optional essay" can just be written into the blank space after you answered the previous 2 questions. For more information, contact email@example.com.)
- Provide two contacts for recommendations as instructed.
- Upload PDF copies of your transcripts. If you are accepted, you will then be instructed about how and where to provide official transcripts. (NOTE: if the the file size is too small to upload all your documents, just save the documents as a condensed, black and white PDF.)
- If English was not your native language, demonstrate English Language Proficiency.
GMAT/ GRE Requirement
*NEW: NO GMAT REQUIRED FOR 2020 APPLICATIONS
*The GMAT or GRE requirement is temporarily suspended as a special consideration during the current health crisis. If you already have good test scores (or official practice test scores), you may apply with them in order to strengthen your application. However, submitting test scores for your Autumn Quarter 2020 MBA application at UW Bothell is currently not required. Type and years of full time professional work experience, education, essays, references, and all other aspects of the application process continue to be considered in the admissions process. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 APPLICANTS: You may apply any time for 2021, and if GMAT or GRE test scores are needed, you will be contacted. Any 2021 GMAT or GRE requirements will be announced in Autumn, 2020. For referemce, the previous GMAT/GRE waiver is below.
- Prior GMAT/GRE waiver: An applicant may request to receive a GMAT/GRE waiver if they have one or more of the specified degrees/certifications, and upon evaluation, a minimum of 2 years professional work experience and a satisfactory bachelor's degree GPA. Learn more about the waiver and how to request one.
- You may submit your online application any time before or after taking the exam.
- If you have not taken the GMAT or GRE, please schedule an appointment by clicking here.
- If you have recent GMAT scores, please contact the GMAT testing service and request that they be sent to UW Bothell electronically via ETS, using the University of Washington’s institution code 4854.
- If you have recent GRE scores, please order an additional score report from GRE and have it sent to UW Bothell electronically via ETS, using the University of Washington's institutional code 4854.
- Exam scores older than 5 years may be considered if you can provide an official GMAT or GRE score report. Questions: please contact Vicki Tolbert at email@example.com.
If you take an exam more than once, your highest submitted score will be used for the application review.
Log in to the UW Graduate School application website to confirm receipt of your application materials. All required materials must be received before your application will be reviewed. You may be contacted by the UW Bothell MBA Program Office requesting additional material as needed.
Admission Interviews & Decisions
The MBA Admissions Committee will review completed applications within three weeks of each application deadline and may invite selected students for interviews. Admission decisions will be communicated within three weeks of the interviews.