Educational Studies Capstone Electronic Portfolio
• Introduction to Educational Studies Capstone Electronic Portfolio
• About the Educational Studies Degree
• Activate your UW Google Apps
• Capstone Electronic Portfolio Basics
• Share Your Site With Your Instructor
Introduction to Educational Studies Capstone Electronic Portfolio
All students in the Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies program build a portfolio that showcases students’ critical reflection and learning related to major themes in the degree.
Students are encouraged to collect artifacts relating to these themes and to think and write reflectively on them throughout their course of study. School of Educational Studies (SES) portfolios are built through UW Google Sites.
About the Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies
The portfolio process begins when students take B EDUC 399, Capstone Introductory Seminar. In B EDUC 399, students begin the process of collecting artifacts and writing critically and reflectively about five themes in the degree. These themes include:
• Education and Equity in the United States
• Teaching and Learning in a Multicultural Society
• Research and Educational Knowledge
• Theories of Learning, Culture, and Identity
• Personal Significance
Students also begin assembling an annotated bibliography that is meant to span the degree and also plan for B EDUC 495, Applied Experience. The capstone portfolio is completed in B EDUC 499, Capstone Project.
Activate Your UW Google Apps
Capstone Electronic Portfolio Basics
This tutorial will describe the process of using the UWB SES Capstone Template
1. First go to http://gsites.uw.edu.
2. Log in with your UW NetID and password.
3. Click the Create button to create a new eportfolio.
4. Click on Browse the gallery for more to look for the Educational Studies Capstone template.
5. In the search gadgets field, type in “SES”
6. When you find the UWB SES Capstone Template, click on the template and then click on the Select button
7. Name your site.
8. When you are finished, click the Create button at the top of the page.
9. For help on using the portfolio template, go to the Open Learning Lab in UW2-140.
10. To view the UWB SES Capstone Template click here.
Share Your Portfolio With Your Instructor
If you prefer a text-based tutorial, we have the script to the video tutorial which will take you through the steps for sharing your portfolio with your instructor.
You will need to Share your site with your seminstar instructor with "Can View" access. Be sure to indicate that you want them notified via e-mail.
Share your site with the shared UW NetID that your instructor provides to you. Be sure to give this account "Owner" access to the site.
After your dossier has met the program requirements as determined by your readers, create a copy of the dossier site with a new name for your own use.
In the dropdown menu titled More select Manage Site
From the Manage Site page select the Copy this site box
Create a new site name and do not copy site members
The UW Bothell Education Program will remove all other users from the original site and archive it for program review purposes. You may retain the copy you made for your own reference.