Our program prepares you to be a teacher who is:
- Thoughtful and Innovative
- Ethically Dedicated to Diverse Students
- Active and Engaged in Learning ...who schools want to hire!
Earn a K-8 teaching certificate in as little as one year
- If you already have earned a Bachelor's degree or a higher degree:
Four Quarter Program (spring, summer, autumn, winter)
The UW Bothell K-8 Teacher Certification Program prepares teachers who are thoughtful about their own learning, as well as the learning of their students. Our commitment to the knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning is evident in our program mission statement and conceptual framework.
Our "cohort model" program progresses students together through a series of courses and hands-on teaching internships, resulting in an enhanced learning community and life-long professional colleagues.
The ideal candidate for the UW Bothell K-8 Teacher Certification Program must demonstrate:
- Breadth of knowledge in English/Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, and Fine Arts that will prepare you to succeed in a 21st century classroom.
- Commitment to the intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth of children in an inclusive school setting.
- Commitment to personal, intellectual, emotional, and professional growth and development.
- Commitment to learning the skills necessary to help ethnically, culturally, socioeconomically, and gender diverse student populations succeed in school.
- Flexibility to adapt in varied, complex, and dynamic settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
For more information, please submit a program interest form.