Elementary Education Teaching Certification Post-Baccalaureate
Earn a teaching certification in one year
The UW Bothell Elementary Education Teacher Certification Post-Baccalaureate Program prepares students to become certified teachers in Washington state elementary schools. Upon completion of this highly-structured, one-year course of study, students meet all the requirements to be recommended for Washington State Residency teacher certification.
UW Bothell's "cohort model" post-baccalaureate program progresses students together through a series of hands-on teaching methods courses and student teaching internships, resulting in an enhanced learning community and life-long professional colleagues.
Students in UW Bothell teacher certification programs become teachers who are thoughtful about their own learning, as well as the learning of their students.
Prepare to Apply
- Full-time, day-time program with some evening classes
- Spring Quarter start
- Teaching methods courses provide direct experience and contact with elementary school students.
- Teaching methods courses held in local elementary schools and taught by full-time UW faculty
- Students progress through program as a cohort, fostering an enhanced learning community and life-long professional colleagues
- Students learn to design and employ curriculum and instructional practices that promote equity and social justice
- School placement partnerships with local school districts serving diverse student populations
- Dedicated academic advising and school placement staff
- Professional development and certification exam preparation workshops
- Students may use financial aid to fund program
Application to the 2022 Cohort will open in early Autumn 2022.
Applications to the 2023 Cohort are due November 1, 2022. Submit all supporting documentation by December 1, 2022.
Application to the 2023 Cohort opens Fall 2022
Want more information?
Questions? Contact Us:
Current UW Bothell Students
School of Educational Studies
UW Bothell Admissions