Managed Software Center (MSC) for Mac
Mac computers managed by UW Bothell IT have the Managed Software Center (MSC). MSC enables you to install and update both Apple system software and third party software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Remote Desktop, Mozilla Firefox, and other pre-installed software.
Learn more about:
- Connecting to Husky OnNet while off campus
- Launching MSC on your Mac
- Installing and updating your software using MSC
- What to do if you are having trouble with MSC
Connect to Husky OnNet first while off campus
- If you are off campus, you must connect to Husky OnNet (search for Big-IP Edge Client) before proceeding to the next step. MSC will not work if you have not first connected to Husky OnNet.
Launching MSC on your Mac
- You can launch MCS from your Dock by clicking on the MCS icon
- MCS icon:
- You can also locate the program in the Applications folder and launch from there.
How to Install Software with MSC
- Launch Managed Software Center
- Navigate to the Software section by clicking the Software icon on the top toolbar.
- There you can view the available software for install.
How to Update your Software with MSC
- After Managed Software Center is launched, you can navigate to the update section by clicking the updates icon on the toolbar.
- If there is an update, it will be listed under the updates section (shown below as an example). Some updates may require you to log out or restart the system, be sure to save your current work or connect to a power source (for MacBook computer) before applying any software update.
- Click update all to begin the process (shown below as an example).
- The screenshot below shows the updates are completed and that all of your software is up to date.
Experiencing problems with MSC?
- If you are off campus, you must connect to Husky OnNet (search for Big-IP Edge Client) before attempting to open MSC. MSC will not work if you have not first connected to Husky OnNet.
- If you have more questions or need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org