Room Reservation Calendar Basics
Simply schedule your appointment and include the room within the appointment/meeting request just like any other invitee! The room will automatically accept in most cases (some rooms will require an authorization). You will be able to add the room resource calendars to your calendar view in Office 365 (just as you would add any other person), but you can see the resource’s availability in your appointment request just like your other attendees.
Working with room calendars, and other Office 365 calendars can be a bit different than you are used to. Office 365 wants you to make changes to appointments by changing the appointments themselves and NOT directly editing calendars.
View a Room Calendar within your Outlook Calendar
- In Calendar view
- Click "Folder"
- from the ribbon click "Open Calendar"
- from the dropdown click "From Room List..."
- In the search field type "UWB"
- The selection of rooms will limit to those that start "UWB"
- Click on the room you want (selecting it)
- Click the "Rooms ->" button to add the room to the bottom field
- Click "OK"
- The room will appear under "Rooms" in the left-hand side of your calendar view.
Add a Room to an Appointment
In order to accomodate Mac users with Office 2011 & 2016 it is neccissary to set Room Resource Calendars to "Reviewer" which means that:
Appointments with Conference Rooms added to them will have all details of that Appointment viewable on the Conference Room Calendars.
If you have sensitive information you wish to share with your invitees you can:
1. Open a new appointment
2. Click "Appointment" at the top
3. In the ribbon click "Scheduling Assistant"
4. On the bottom left click the "Add Rooms..." button
5. In the search field type "UWB."
6. The selection of rooms will limit to those that start "UWB."
7. Click on the room you want (selecting it)
8. Click the "Rooms ->" button to add the room to the bottom field
9. Click "OK"
10. Complete your Appointment adding additional people if desired. Once the appointment is sent you will get a confirmation email that the room is either accepted or held for moderation and will appear on the Room's calendar.
Change a room Appointment
To make changes to an appointment you will have to open the appointment that is on your account's calendar and make changes. 'Send' the changes to all invited members and the room calendar will automatically accept provided the time is open.
For rooms requiring approval, There are some rooms that are limited to users in specific NetID Groups. if you feel you should be a member of a group that has permission to a room calendar please contact an existing editor of the room/group or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permission to edit a Calendar
Conference room calendars are open to be reserved by anyone with a UW NetID. Following the above reservation procedures will allow you to request/edit the appointment for the room calendar. If you have trouble with an appointment and cannot contact a calendar editor, contact email@example.com.
Trouble Shooting A Room Appointment
I am editing the calendar directly and having some issues?
Direct editing of room calendars are not recommended or supported. In most cases you will not be able to edit a room calendar directly, Please make any requests or changes using the above appointment procedure.
I don't have permission to add to a room?
First, remember that you cannot edit an appointment directly from the room calendar. Make sure you are opening the appointment/meeting on your calendar and making edits on your . The calendar can take a minute or longer to load, and until the calendar is loaded you can't make changes or appointments. contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll assist you.