A distribution list is a list of email addresses. Once set up, you can send a message to everyone on the list simply by sending the message to the list name.
Create the Distribution List:
- On the Home Page, click Address Book to open your Address Book.
- Click the list below Address Book, and then select Contacts.
- On the File menu, click New Entry.
- Under Select the entry type, click New Contact Group.
- Under Put this Entry, click In The Contacts. This selection determines where your new distribution list is saved. This is the default location.
- Click OK. Your new distribution list is now set to be saved in the Contacts folder, and an untitled distribution list form opens. At this point, you can begin adding contacts to your new distribution list, as outlined in the following section.
Adding Contacts to your Distribution list:
- Click on Add Members from the Contact Group Heading. From there select Address Book.
- Search for Contacts by scrolling or by typing in the first few letters of their name. Double-Click their name and they will show under Members-> on the bottom. When you are done selecting members, click OK.
- Name the Contact Group and click Save & Close and you will have created a distribution list.
Need More Information...
Contact IT Helpdesk
Microsoft Support Page