Kentico directory access
New and current content editors who need access to a website directory need the permission of that directory’s primary publisher. The UW Bothell Advancement & External Relations Web Team assigns roles to accounts after receiving permission from the respective primary publisher and new content editors have completed the introductory Kentico training.
You must meet the following requirements to gain access to edit uwb.edu:
- Be an employee of the University of Washington Bothell
- Be approved by the organization's Primary Publisher to post content (primary publisher list by directory)
- Must have a UW NetID account (account ending in "@uw.edu")
Here are the typical steps for gaining content editor access. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- With their supervisor's approval, the interested employee contacts the directory's primary publisher. Find all directories and their primary publisher here.
- Primary Publishers can request access for the interested employee by sending the information outlined on the Primary Publisher administration page to email@example.com.
- Another acceptable way is the interested employee may contact us on behalf of the Primary Publisher to firstname.lastname@example.org but the Primary Publisher should be Cc'd in the communication.
- Once permissions is given by the primary publisher, the interested employee may sign up for an introductory editor-level training.
- After completing the training, the trainer assigns the designated role to the trainee within two business days.
- If editors receive permission from their Primary Publisher, they can enroll in the publisher-level training after completing the editor-level training. The editor training portion must be taken first.
- Student-staff cannot be granted publisher level access so should not take the training; more information provided in the editor training.
Learn more about how Kentico access is administered to content editors.