When using Outlook on a Mac, instead of creating a new profile, you will create a new account for your UW email. The instructions below will walk you through creating your new account.
How to Create a New Account in Outlook 2011/2016 on a Mac
1. Launch Outlook
2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts to display the Accounts dialog box
If you had previously configured your UWB email within Outlook, skip to step 4.
3. If you are setting up an Outlook Email Exchange Account for the first time, you will see the window below. Please click the icon next to Exchange Account.
4. If you had your UWB email setup on Outlook previously, your UWB account will appear in the left hand column.
Whether you previously had a UWB email configured or not, please click the + symbol in the bottom left corner and select Exchange to setup your new UW email account.
5. Enter your UW Email account information as shown below.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (replace myuwid with your UW NetID)
Method: Username and Password
Username: email@example.com (replace myuwid with your UW NetID)
Password: Your UW NetID password
Configure automatically: make sure it is checked.
Once you've entered in the necessary information, click Add Account.
If the following box appears, select Allow.
6. In the Accounts dialog box, you may enter any name in the Account description field to help you identify your email account. This is the name for the account that appears in Outlook.
7. Close and restart Outlook to use your new UW email inbox.